iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Johnny Cash film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Johnny Cash film
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Johnny Cash fan, and saw a preview for the upcoming biopic 'Walk The Line' with Joaqin Pheonix as the man in black. Pheonix is an actor I've grown to like over the years, he made an excellent villian in 'Gladiator', was quite good in 'Buffalo Soliders' and is doing a spot on Johnny Cash impression in this movie.

The film seems a tad understated / almost TV movie-esque, but I hope they do the San Quentin concent and it'll be interesting to see how far along the line they take the story.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a HUGE Cash fan so I hope they do a good job on this film. I heard June and Johnny did have a say about the film until their deaths. I can't wait to see it.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another "Man In Black" fan right herer! I'm excited about this movie coming out. I was a bit suprised by the choice of Joaqin as Johnny, but after seeing some clips I think it was a good one.
I heard that he does his own singing in the film. I never knew the boy could sing.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very much a Cash fan too! Both Joaquin and Reese I respect because they both did some great movies between the two of them in the 90's....Freeway,American Psycho,Clay Pigeons, Return to Paradise.......I'm sure i'll force someone to go to the theater with me for this one.....Is the preview online somewhere...I really wanna see it?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go Muffster...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/walk_the_line/

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Noms!

of course my computer sucks, it's so slow, so I only saw part of it....but it looks very cool.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home