iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Malibu Beach and H.O.T.S

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Malibu Beach and H.O.T.S
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen either of these movies?

Malibu Beach is from 1978

and

H.O.T.S is from 1979

I found them both on Amazon, and wondered if they were any good??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen Malibu beach yett, but I saw H.O.T.S. a long time ago. It's one of those pre-Porky's T&A movies. The kind of politically incorrect but fun college sort of Animal House vibe. Anyway, I guess these films are kind of precursors to the 80's teen b-movies.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I remember HOTS, I think it was a cheerleading movie. That one is so 70's with the hair and clothing. That is one that I want to see again even it it is a b movie.

I don't think I have ever heard of Malibu Beach though???? I'll have to check that one out.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Malibu Beach (1978)

Very lightweight Crown International beach flick,
with just enough nudity to keep things interesting.

But you gotta admit that these flicks still have that special charm.

-

I have H.O.T.S. too. Gotta check out that one next.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of H.O.T.S., I have read (in Leonald Maltin's film review book, no less) that it was as a matter of fact written by two women -- Joan Buchanan as well as Cheri Caffaro, who was responsible for the trio of Ginger films in the 70s, concerning a fashionable society follower turned stripper/crime-fighter. Ginger (1971), The Abductors (1972) and Girls Are For Loving (1973). All three of them were directed by Don Schain.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need those Ginger flicks [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

2 working days and after that it´s holiday time, so i gotta finally watch H.O.T.S.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then my Finnish friend you may want in addition to see A Place Called Today alias City in Fear (1972), which is directed by Don Schain and stars Cheri Caffaro, J. Herbert Kerr, Lana Wood, Richard Smedley and Tim Brown. Tensions in a racially divided town are exacerbated when a Negro lawyer decides to run for mayor. The other Cheri films that you may wish to watch are Up Your Alley, Savage Sisters and Too Hot to Handle. Don directed the third film and in it Cheri's character's name is in fact Samantha Fox(!)
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you guys seen Van Nuys Blvd. (1979) or The Van (1977)?
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have heard of both of them, yes, but I have not seen either of them.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
LoverswithCassie, thanks for the Caffaro info!
I´m going to hunt this stuff!

One of the greatest movieposters ever [Cool]

-

journey, i have The Van but haven´t watched it yet.

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
LoverswithCassie, thanks for the Caffaro info!
I´m going to hunt this stuff!

One of the greatest movieposters ever [Cool]

-

journey, i have The Van but haven´t watched it yet.

No worries, mate. I'm pleased that you are tickled pink by my information.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i own H.O.T.S. on dvd. love this movie.

nothing beats a good game of strip football.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Finally watched H.O.T.S. (1979)

Wow, this was highly entertaining T & A flick!
One of the best definately.

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home