iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » TINY TIM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TINY TIM
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend came over today and he had a downloaded version of LIVING IN THE SUNLIGHT by TINY TIM. I was cracking up. Aside from that and TIPTOE THROUGH THE TULIPS I couldnt remember any other TINY TIM songs.
Does any one remember TINY? And his wife MISS VICKY?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I have seen where they got married on the Tonight Show back in the 60's. I am sorry but he is very very weird. Is he still alive?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. He died awhile back.
That Miss Vicky & Tiny Tim epsiode of THE TONIGHT SHOW was their highest rated episode....until Johnny's Bette Midler finale which then made the Tiny Tim episode #2.
I went on AMAZOn out of sheer curiosity ...and was amazed at how many cds Tiny Tim actually has out!!!
"Very very weird" to say the least!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually saw a picture of him dead before I knew who he was alive. I was doing a random google search and it came up with pictures from some creepy celebrity death site. I think he was holding his little banjo/guitar thingy in his coffin.

But I liked his style, even if it was a little weird. I didn't hear many of his songs, though. I remember seeing a clip of him getting married on the Johnny Carson show.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't he use to be a judge on the Gong Show?? Something makes me think that he would be well qualified for that job.

How did he die??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Great Aunt used to be really good friends with him. She has many mad friends. I only remember him for Tiptoe thru the Tulips. Apparently I met him once but I was very young and only very vaguely remember it. She adored both of them though and said that they were the most fun, wonderful people you could hope to meet.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS asked how did Tiny Tim died.

According to the IMDB.com, in 1996, he suffered a heart attack while performing his famous "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" song. He was buried (fittingly enough) with a ukelele and a tulip in his coffin. He is interred at Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

His widow has been trying to get Tim inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, but without success. Mainly because aside from that "Tulips" song, he hasn't had much of a recording career, and that song really isn't rock and roll at all.

For more info:
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0864097/bio

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home