iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Love Lyrics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love Lyrics
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were just coming back from having lunch and had the radio playing, and I am constantly switching the channel on the radio...I ended up listening to a song by Billy Idol, then one by Billy Joel, and then one by Elton John...and me and my mom were talking about how back even 30 years ago...when someone wrote a song about Love...people referred to the person they loved as different things-nice references...we were thinking of the song Little Darlin...and how those songs would never fly today...my mom is the one who said...she hears women being referred to as Ho's and Bit*h's and they say that in lyrics now...and my mom was saying where was the progression from one to the other, and how can people listen to today's music and think about the person they LOVE and relate to that song? And, I understand of course exactly what she is saying...I was thinking about Lionel Richie's song "You Are"...where he sings You are the sun, you are the rain... can you really imagine that song coming out today? Isn't that actually impossible to try and picture...and it's that really sad.

My mom said to me, unless you can find an oldies station on the radio...it is pointless to have a radio in you car..and she said to me...remember when we use to play the radio all the time, and hear a song, and say...ooh that's a great song, and sometimes we would even call the radio station to find the name of it, so we could run out and buy it...she said...when is the last time that happened?

I said...gee..now you know what I have been saying for years about music too, and not just movies. I haven't heard a song in so many years that I was so excited about that I need to go get it immediately, but I can remember doing that in the late 70's and during the whole decade of the 80's all the time, and going to get it on a 45 record, and then playing it over and over and over.

Some 70's(and earlier) love songs I love are:

If I can't have you-Yvonne Hellman

Everything I own- Bread ( Bread is one of my all time favorite groups)

Fooled around and Fell in Love

My Eyes Adored You

Deeper Than the Night-Olivia Newton John

Magnet and Steel- Walter Egan

There were so many! They to me are timeless and I think that's what music should be, it should be something that people relate to now matter how young or old they are.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabriela
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4297

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gabriela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you.

My all times favourite is

Lady

or

The most beautiful girl in the world

like you said, there are many more, but they don´t make ém like that anymore.

Posts: 11 | From: Berlin - Germany | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gabriela...welcome to the Rewind.

I like those choices of songs of yours too. [Smile]

Some more songs I like are:

Just remember I Love You-FireFall

You are the Woman-Firefall

We May Never Pass this Way again- Seals & Croft

When I Need You-Leo Sayer

Into the Night- Benny Mardones

There were just so many....they don't make them at all any more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home