iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Great Escape

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Great Escape
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is on this week on AMC. This is one of my sons all time favorite Steve McQueen movies, and he said I should recommend it to people to watch, so I said I would.
I watched half of it, and what I saw I really liked. I need to finish watching it.

His other favorite McQueen movie is The Magnificent Seven.

AMC has been playing some good movies here lately.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both of those movies are awesome, Isis. Have y'all seen Papillon? That's another awesome McQueen movie. Dustin Hoffman is in it too.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Isis... If y'all haven't seen The Sand Pebbles, that's another good McQueen film. Let me know if you want to watch them and I'll get them to you.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOH...yes I want them!!! We were in Wal-Mart the other day, and my son said the guy checking out behind us had the Sand Pebbles...and I thought maybe I'd get it for him for Xmas this year.

I would love Papillon...I have looked for it and bid on it, and never have won it yet...I remember it from a long time ago...but, my son has never seen it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved Steve McQueen's motorcycle jump in The Great Escape. That was just awesome right up until he crashed into the second fence. [Razz] [Cool]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it many years ago on TV. It's good. A little too long for me, but good.

Did you know the 2000 animated film Chicken Run (with Mel Gibson's voice) mostly parodizes The Great Escape?

[Cool]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home