iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » ice castles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ice castles
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i m not sure if there has been a topic on this or not . but does anyone else love this movie? its one of my all time favorite movies ever. I saw it when i was about ten and loved it ever since i got it for christmas a few years ago on dvd and i was so happy to add it to my collection plus robby was such a hottie [Smile] well just wanted to know what everyone else thought of the movie
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one's a Guilty Pleasure. I like it but dont like to admit it!

"And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII fooooooooooooooound Youuuuuuuuuu................
Looking Through The Eyes Of Loooooooooove!"

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

There were two movies about Ice Skating that came out around the same time. Does anyone else remember Champions: A Love Story (1979) . Both of these movies were real tear jerkers.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't watch it after the accident scene. That is the only part of the film that I remember. It really scared me. Plus I am sorry but I am not a big Robbie Benson fan.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"we forgot about the roses"

sniff, sniff
(wipes away a tear)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that part is so sad. i love this movie so much i mean with not being able to see that well it makes me think aww i want a guy to love me that much lol even though my site is better then here s was in the movie atleast in one of my eyes it is [Wink]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Until about 5 years ago I was "legally blind".
I got LASIK.
And so ICE CATLES alwyas hit very close to home for me.

I can not stand when she is skating and "knocks into" the tables and chairs.

Wow...great movie.

Gotta buy a copy.

Thanks , Guys.

Always gettin me to buy movies.

Ahahahahaha.

"we forgot about the roses"

ISIS....you saw it, right?
You can just tell from "Hello" if someone is an ICE CASTLES girl.
I think ISIS is an ICE CASTLES girl.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Don't see her here.....so will try to find out if ISIS is an ICE CASTLES girl!

[ 22. July 2005, 19:49: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Rainbowbrite22
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
i agree with you she is [Wink] and thats what i m cosidered mama is legally blind but its good b/c i lilke who i am and without sounding cheesy i think having an eye problem all my life made me who i am [Smile] its awesome that u got yours fixed mine can't be fixed since it has to do with my retine(misspelled?)
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...I am a Ice Castle girl too, every year I watch it around Christmas, and sit there and string popcorn and cranberries for garland on my one Xmas tree...and watch that movie. Even my son likes it. It is a great story. Colleen Dewherst and Tom Skeritt are in it too.

I love tearjerkers...I still think my all time favorite tearjerker is The Other Side of the Mountain...to me it doesn't get too much sadder than that movie. I remember going with my mom in the 70's to see it at a matinee...I think I might have been 10 years old, but I never forgot it.

I can't remember Champions: A Love Story, but I am going to add it to my list of must get movies.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home