iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Poseidon Adventure--2006

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Poseidon Adventure--2006
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read on imdb.com that they are doing a remake of this 1972 disaster classic. It will star Jimmy Bennett, Kurt Russell, Richard Dreyfus, Josh Lucas, and Emmy Rossum. It will also be directed by Wolfgang Petersen. How do you think that this is doing to turn out?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it will either sink or swim.... [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

But just like all the other remakes...I think it will surely be a "disaster" of a movie. [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ISIS you are full of it!!! LOL

I would still like to see it I just hope it doesn't remind me of Titanic!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie...how could it not remind you of Titanic?? That is what I want to know??? [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I guess because it was probablly THE disaster movie of its time. I don't think it came close to box office records but maybe it reminds me of Titanic because it took place on a ship.
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Speed 2 was the biggest disaster movie involving a ship.

Oh, hang on, it wasn't a disaster movie, it was just a disaster.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
HAHAHA Stitch so true! I have just heard that Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas is going to have the part of a lounge singer in this remake.
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... honestly I am intrigued. As a child of the 80's and 90's I would have probably would have never seen this movie but it just happens to be my grandma's favorite movie! So I would see it just for that fact. But you know what I thought the original was great. So I don't know if they can match the original.
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy, let's hope this depends on talent and not budget. I might check it out. As long as it doesn't create a crummy romance out of it--I mean, please, if you're escaping a sinking ship, you are not going to be making out with the hot lounge singer.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Who is going to sing "the morning after"?

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Jessica Simpson...... [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] [Confused]
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution asked:
quote:
Who is going to sing "the morning after"?
It might be William Hung, the lovable reject from "American Idol"! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Illnero
Master Rewinder
Member # 4286

- posted      Profile for Illnero   Email Illnero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually there are two remakes of it along the way.

One is a made-for-TV movie and the other is a feature directed by Wolfgang Petersen.

On one end, the feature is being directed by the man who directed the great drama 'Das Boot.' On the other hand, the last movie Petersen directed was 'Troy.'

There's got to be a morning after all this remake ****. Wake me up when it comes. I'm gonna watch "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh."

Posts: 154 | From: between wash and spin | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home