iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » No Deposit, No Return

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Deposit, No Return
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started watching it last night, I was really liking it, but started falling asleep on the couch, so I have to finish it tomorrow.

I never saw it before. But, it was funny, and a great kids movie. I love those old Disney movies like that.

Darren McGavin ( who was the Dad in A Christmas Story), is in it- and I looked him up to see if he was still alive, and he's 83 years old! I was totally shocked, I didn't realize he was that old- especially when he did Xmas story...I thought he was probably in his 40's.

Anyway he and Don Knotts play safe crackers, and these 2 rich kids who want to try and raise money and go visit their mom in Hong Kong, and not go stay with their Grandpa over Easter vacation, get in to a cab with them. They make the crooks take them home with them, and then they decide to send a ransom note to the grandpa cause he has millions, to see if he'll give the crooks the money- and all they want is enough for a plane ticket.

But the kids drive the 2 crooks crazy, and each time they re write the ransom note they knock the amount of money down each time, cause they want to get rid of the kids.

It is really cute. I wish I would have been able to watch it the whole way through, it seemed rather long.

Does anyone else remember it?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it at the movies when I was little. My parents always took me to see those old Disney movies. Remember Candleshoe with Jodie Foster?
Remember the Apple Dumpling Gang movies or The Shakiest Gun In The West? We also saw the herbie movies, the shaggy dog movies, the wilderness family movies and stuff like Grizzly Adams. We were always going to the movies.
I also liked that one with Ricky Schroder called The Last Flight Of Noah's Ark.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen Candleshoe or the Apple Dumpling Gang- but I am going to try to over this summer.

I have never even seen GUS. I have never seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks either. There use to be so many cool Disney movies. They all were original ideas, and everyone liked them, they were humorous. I have no clue why now all they can come up with is remakes.

I loved Disney when it was on Sunday nights on TV. I loved movies like Charlie the Lonesome Cougar, they always did movies with animals in them, and I loved that as a kid.

I love The Wilderness Family movies, and Grizzly Adams was the coolest guy on the planet to me.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candleshoe was brilliant. Isis, you should watch 'em all. Especially Bedknobs and Broomsticks!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home