iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Steven McQueen-Wanted: Dead or Alive

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steven McQueen-Wanted: Dead or Alive
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first Season comes out June 7th...I was thinking about getting it for my son for his birthday.

I think Bigfoot said before he liked it, I don't know anything about it. My mom couldn't remember it either, she thought it might not have been any good.

Does anyone know about it?? What did you think???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

He was awesome in "The Blob", but many say this show made him a star.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tune your sets to Turner Classic Movies on Wednesday June 1st at 8pm. They have an awesome tribute show for Steve McQueen: The Essence Of Cool! [Cool]

Steve McQueen

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is one of my favorite actors, even though he really wasn't that good as an actor. His coolness made him a star!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Wanted Dead Or Alive. I would watch reruns of it every sunday morning with my dad when I was a kid. McQueen was soooo cool in this show. He was a bounty hunter and he carried this sawed-off rifle that had both the barrel and stock sawed off to where it looked more like a long-barrel pistol with a lever action. He wore it on his leg in a special holster and he was very quick with it. The rifle is called a Mares Laig.
I'm definately going to but the DVD set when it comes out. Steve McQueen is just too cool to pass this set up.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I am going to try and remember to watch the Steve McQueen special. Gosh, I need a calender by my computer to start writing stuff down. It is kind of cool that there has actually been a few things I have wanted to see on TV lately.

Bigfoot...if you loved it, then I know we will too, so I think it will be something I run out and go get.

We have so many of his movies.

The one I can never find though and really want is:

Papillion

My son has never seen it, and I can't remember it, except that it was really sad. Was Dustin Hoffman in it too??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
REMINDER!!! Starting at 8pm tonight!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am watching it right now. I just saw Eli Wallach...which character was he in the Magnificent Seven???- that is one of my son's favorite movies.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched it. His son, Chad...is real cute, he seemed to get choked up a few times about his Dad.

It is sad that he was only 50 when he died, but they said he lived a 100 years in 50, which I think he lived even more than that...because he accomplished so much in such a short period of time.

The Hunter and The Towering Inferno are my 2 favorite movies.

My son's room has a shelf going the whole way around the whole room, and it has Steve McQueen movies all around it, and models of different cars. So, I am constantly looking at Steve McQueen when I am on the computer, cause the computer is in his room.

I never actually thought Steve was very good looking, but he was a babe magnet..I think it was cause he was full of all kinds life and energy and the whole bad boy thing too.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Bullitt is on right now on Turner Classics.
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
One of the best car chase scenes ever!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home