iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Werewolves of London

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Werewolves of London
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard this song a ton in the past, but never listed to the lyrics ever....we were driving somewhere the other day and I actually listened to the lyrics, and I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt... and I thought I would share it with everyone....It could have been the theme song to American Werewolf in London:

I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
He was looking for a place called Lee Ho ****'s
Gonna get a big dish of beef chow mein

Aaoooooo!
Werewolves of London!
Aaoooooo! (Repeat)

If you hear him howling around your kitchen door
Better not let him in
Little old lady got mutilated late last night
Werewolves of London again

Asoooooo!
Werewolves of London!
Aaoooooo! (Repeat)

He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair
Better stay away from him
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
I'd like to meet his tailor

Aaoooooo!
Werewolves of London!
Aaoooooo! (Repeat)

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen
Doing the Werewolves of London
I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen
Doing the Werewolves of London
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect

Aaoooooo!
Werewolves of London!
Aaoooooo! (Repeat)
Draw blood...

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great song, may Warren Zevon RIP
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad use to play that record while my sister and I did our chores. It's a great song!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to Warren Zevon?? How did he die? I hope it wasn't those Werewolves of London.

That song is funny, but you wonder what was he thinking, talk about originality, that is way out there, and it was a hit record too.

People don't written songs like that any more, not that many wrote ones like this one....

Here's another one that the Grateful Dead wrote, and I like this song alot....it's a song about an Eskimo, who writes stuff like that now??

The Mighty Quinn

Everybodys building the big ships and the boats.

Some are building monuments, others jotting down notes.

Everybodys in despair, every girl and boy,

But when quinn the eskimo gets here everybodys gonna jump for joy.

Come all without, come all within.

Youll not see nothing like the mighty quinn.

Now I like to do just like the rest, I like my sugar sweet.

But guarding fumes and making haste, it aint my cup of meat.

Everybodys just standing around neath the trees

Feeding pigeons on a limb.

But when quinn the eskimo gets here, all the pigeons gonna run to him.

A cats meow and a cows moo, I cant recite em all.

Just tell me where it hurts and Ill tell you who to call.

Nobody can get any sleep, theres someone on everybodys toes.

But when quinn the eskimo gets here, everybodys gonna wanna doze.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of ISIS's post:
quote:
What happened to Warren Zevon?? How did he die? I hope it wasn't those Werewolves of London...
Isis, Warren died of lung cancer in September 2003.

quote:
...Here's another one that the Grateful Dead wrote, and I like this song alot....it's a song about an Eskimo, who writes stuff like that now??

"The Mighty Quinn"...

CORRECTION: It is indeed a great song, but it was actually written by Bob Dylan, not the Grateful Dead!

The hit version of the song came out in 1968 by the group, Manfred Mann.

The Hollies, Julie London, and Gary Puckett have also done versions of the song.

The song is not really about an Eskimo, but more like the movie "The Savage Innocents", which starred Anthony Quinn as an Eskimo. There are, in fact, hidden drug paraphernalia references in that song, but it seems "innocent" to get radio airplay.

It makes me wonder what Dylan what was he taking when he wrote that song! [Smile]
The complete lyrics are here:
http://bob-dylan.lyrics-universe.net/the-mighty-quinn-quinn-the-eskimo-lyrics.html

[ 27. May 2005, 13:28: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Thanks Steven, I knew you'd come up with his death records....

When I looked the lyrics up that's who they said it was by. I actually didn't think it sounded like the Grateful Dead, and I was suprised to see their name even connected to the song.

The only song I know of the Grateful Dead's is..the one in the 80's they did. I can't even remember the title to it...We will get by, or I will survive or something...???

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis asked:
quote:
The only song I know of the Grateful Dead's is..the one in the 80's they did. I can't even remember the title to it...We will get by, or I will survive or something...???
It's called "Touch Of Grey", from 1987. Their only Top-40 hit single. And a great song, by the way.

Who'd ever thought that hippie psychedelic 60's band would have their only major hit single in the 80's? It's strange, but then, the Grateful Dead has never been a conventional group.

When I first heard that song on the radio, I originally thought it was by Tom Petty! [Eek!]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
yeah...Touch of Grey...that's it, that's the ticket!!

I remember it played on MTV a billion times, and that was the year I lived in my own apartment in Virginia, so every time I hear it ,I think good thoughts!!

The only other thing I ever thought got to be well known about the Grateful Dead, is Ben & Jerry's naming their one Ice Cream "Cherry Garcia", after Jerry Garcia.

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warren Zevon recorded an album before he died with starts like Bruce Springsteen. The sad thing was he knew he was dying but the the good thing was that he made agreat album!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I brought this back up for Lupa so she could see the lyrics.
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much appreciated, babe. [Wink]
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
[Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home