iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » WESTWIND

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WESTWIND
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone ever heard of this show??

It was on in 1975- it ran 13 episodes, Joanna Cameron guest starred on one.

Plot Synopsis: The show chronicled the adventures of the Andrews family as they sailed in and around Hawaii on their boat, the Westwind. Steve was a photographer that specialized in underwater photos, Kate was a marine biologists, and Robin and Tom were their two teenage kids. Filmed on location, the show utilized the local scenery (both in the water and on land) and most episodes featured underwater footage. Notable guest stars included John Carradine and Joanna Cameron (Isis).

Comments: Van Williams is probably best known for playing the title character on The Green Hornet series from the 60s. According to an early review, the show was originally called Westwind to Hawaii.

It said that a TV channel called AIN (American Independant Network) was running the show in 2001 at 6:30PM on Saturday night. I don't know if they still run episodes, but it said it aired on there before.

I never heard of this channel, does anybody get it??? Does it play cool older shows?? Cause if it does...I wanna find out how to get it.

I would be so happy if I had better quality cable/tv channels.

Here's pictures from the episode Joanna was in:

-

To me, it sounded like an awesome plot for a show, and the pictures were way cool, and I read a description of all the episodes.

Now this is what I am talking about...these shows didn't last long, not because they weren't good, but because there were so many other shows that were on that were even better, so why don't they look up some of these ideas, and revamp them for tv now??

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis asked:
quote:
Now this is what I am talking about...these shows didn't last long, not because they weren't good, but because there were so many other shows that were on that were even better, so why don't they look up some of these ideas, and revamp them for tv now??
Maybe it's because the mindset of TV executives will say something like: "Well, that show did not last very long, so it must've been a flop. So, why duplicate a flop?"
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't a flop because it wasn't a good idea, it is because there were so many good ideas, and very few channels. Now we have some many channels and no good ideas.

Read the synopsis...I think it sounds extremely interesting, and you could make it more exciting if you had good writers, it would have endless possibilities, with being set in Hawaii, with the ocean, and the underwater filming. It would be better than anything out now, that's for sure.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home