iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » What is the name of this movie anyone? Its keeping me up nights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the name of this movie anyone? Its keeping me up nights
eeyore314
Rewind Curious
Member # 4005

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eeyore314   Email eeyore314   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this movie at the drive-in when I was a kid. I only remember a little bit of it so here goes. A man gets electrocuted in his bathtub by a falling electric heater. A nurse is electrocuted when she touches a high voltage box while standing in water in a dark corridor of the hospital/mental institution. And I think the killer was either in a coma or catatonic. And I think he was using his mind to kill people but I can't remember why he was killing them. I also think he used syringes in one of his killings. Let me know if you can help I have been all over the internet I just remember watching it with a Bruce Lee movie and being sleepy and my mom not liking the scary movie so we left before the end. [Confused] [Confused]
Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bee
Rewind Curious
Member # 4015

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bee   Author's Homepage   Email Bee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try an australian movie..think its called "percy"
Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bee
Rewind Curious
Member # 4015

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bee   Author's Homepage   Email Bee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops no not percy that was a bout a penis transplant.....but it is an aussie movie...i'll keep digging
Posts: 9 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bee
Rewind Curious
Member # 4015

Rate Member
here tis
PATRICK(Richard Franklin, 1978).
Patrick has witnessed/caused the death of his mother and now, as an adult, is in a coma which appears to be almost self-induced. From his hospital bed, however, he is able to reach out psychokinetically and cause things to happen. When he becomes obsessed with a new member of the nursing staff, events escalate toward nightmare.

eeyore314
Rewind Curious
Member # 4005

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for eeyore314   Email eeyore314   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bee I ordered it from Blockbuster Online to see if its the film I am thinking of. The plot sounds familiar but I was very young and tired at the time I saw it last. But I can't wait to see it to see if this is it and to get it out of my mind. Thanks again.
Wendy [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eeyore314
Rewind Curious
Member # 4005

Rate Member
Hi Bee,
I saw Patrick with my 13 yr old daughter and yes it was the movie I was thinking of. But somehow in the 15+ yrs since I last saw it my memory isn't as good as I thought or I was more sleepy then I remember.
But I know this was the film esp. the thing with the frogs [Eek!] ewwww!!!! I thought my daughter would freak out but turns out her former 6th grade teacher used to bring frogs legs to school for lunch regularly that it didn't bother her. [Roll Eyes] But she definitely thought it was a much scarier movie than some that are out today. I told her its not all about blood and gore sometimes its about suspense. Now she is comparing other movies scare factors to Patrick. I think that is so funny. Thanks for helping me find this film again. Wendy [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home