iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Brady bunch season one

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Brady bunch season one
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys I was out today and I saw that the brady bunch is on dvd season one [Smile] I was thinking of picking this up b/c i use to love watching this show i was wondering if anyone else has picked it up or has thoughts on it [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost wish you hant told me that. Im a huge BRADY BUNCH fan and my husband hates them. I will have to find out if my video club sells the collection. Must...have...them...all.
(I already have the vhs with two of the greatest eps on it: the one where Marcia's nose gets broken and the Davey Jones one!)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ewwwwwww my nose
<THWACK>

ewwwwwww my nose
<THWACK>

ewwwwwww my nose
<THWACK>

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just never stops being funny.

And theres a karma lesson in there somewhere, She dumps on ugly boy to go out with physically appealing boy and THWACK! Right in the schnozola!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even with the swelled up nose she was still the grooviest looking chick in school.

But you also have to remember she wasn't a total superficial person either after all she was the one who persued Harvey Klinger with the killer bug collection.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL that is so true [Wink] I love the brady bunch the brady bunch [Smile] sorry i started singing the theme song lol
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jomc810
Rewind Curious
Member # 3941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jomc810   Email jomc810   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no one better then the Brady's. Those Brady men were always nice to look at. I plan on purchasing this collection. You can also get quite a few brady itams on amazon.com that are on dvd. Columbia House only carries season one.
Definatly a winner dvd

Posts: 6 | From: CT | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Scroll to the bottom for my TOP 20 FAVORITE BRADY BUNCH EPISODES:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6spdi/id14.html

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the Brady Bunch too. I use to watch them after school every day. I had such a crush on "Peter". He was just in the one afterschool special and so was Jan..called The Summer of the Swans. I have an uncle who looks a ton like Robert Reed, when Robert Reed had a moustache.

I have watched special commentaries on the Brady Bunch, and they made it sound like Robert Reed hated being on that show.

I always love it when people say he was an architect but there were 2 bedrooms for 6 children, who designed that up?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
"Architecht From Hell"
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Isis' post:
quote:
...I have watched special commentaries on "The Brady Bunch", and they made it sound like Robert Reed hated being on that show...
I remember watching documentaries on the show, as well as the 2000 TV-movie called "Growing Up Brady". Robert Reed (who played the architect father, Mike Brady) originally didn't want to do the show, because it seemed demeaning for him to do a family sitcom, whereas he really wanted to more serious parts. But his agents convinced him to do it, and Reed really needed the money. Also, Reed made lots of suggestions to Scherwood Schwartz (who created the show), and Schwartz just kept rejecting them.

In the TV-movie that I just mentioned, I remember a scene where the Mike Brady character does a kissing with his wife, and when the director yelled "cut!", you can tell that Mike didn't feel comfortable kissing her. This was a slight reference to the fact that Robert Reed was not really comfortable in his paternal role, and also that, in real-life, he was privately gay.

Still, Reed loved the people he worked with, and I guess you might say he was typecast, because he had a difficult time finding other kinds of roles after "The Brady Bunch" went off the air. But I remember reading an article about him just before he died in the early 90's, that he actually hated doing the show, even though he loved his fellow cast members.

A lot of people may hate their job but love the people they work with. And I think that's the biggest reason why he stayed on as Mike Brady. To be the kids onscreen father as well as their off screen father figure.

He also did not want to flaunt his private life to the other actors on the show, and he didn't mention to anyone that he was dying of AIDS. Then again, Reed was from an earlier generation of gay/lesbian/transgendered actors: the ones who would not dare "out" themselves in public, for fear of ruining their showbiz career.

"The Brady Bunch" and "The Partridge Family" are probably the last of the 'innocent' family sitcoms until controversial and topical shows like "All In The Family" came along. And I think that is what makes the Bradys and the Partridges so well-remembered today: because you could never make a show like that these days. I very much doubt that they would be hits if they came out now.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched on TVLand last night, the special "Still Brady after all these years". I can't believe they got Jenny McCarthey to host it, I can not stand her. I am not even sure how they fit her in, she stuck out like crazy.

What is weird, is they just look like regular people, and when you hear about their lives now, it is pretty boring, and yet at one point they were extremely famous.

"Bobby"-Mike Lookingland-says he runs a camera on a TV show now.. (He actually guest starred in an episode of Isis as a kid).

"Peter"Chris Knight-he said he wasn't doing much of anything, and had done some acting but took time off.

"Greg" Barry Williams-Hosts a 70's radio show, and tours and does some singing gigs.

"Cindy"-Susan Olsen-she said she was a spokesperson for migraine sufferers, and a graphic artist.

"Jan"-Eve Plumb- said she paints, and I think she is a mom.

"Marcia" Maureen McCormick-said she has been married 20 years and has a 15 year old daughter.

All the girls, looked kind of miserable, they didn't even look like they were glad to be there. And Florence Henderson looks like she has aged better than they all have.

The only cast member who looks like they are a really nice person, and who would be fun to talk to is "Alice" Ann B. Davis. She was really happy and seemed glad to be there.

When they showed different clips of them going on vacation together, and dancing, and all the things they did as a family, they didn't look like they were "working", they looked real, like they were having a blast and someone caught it on video, and I don't ever see that feel in anything else. They weren't really related, but they formed a huge connecting bond.

On today shows, there is so much competitiveness, and people have such egos, and are jealous of each other, that they are too tightly wound..and they are always worried about someone taking their job.

Your right Steven, it is sad...that a show about 2 families coming together out of divorce...which is what happened with them, and I don't think you ever saw the real biological parents that they left...wasn't Mike Brady a widower?? But...actually back then that was kind of out of the norm, today that's what is happening with every body, funny how they aren't able to show it on TV actually working out.

That's the problem, today's family argues and fights and calls each other names, the mother is on some anti-depressant, and the father is out cheating with 10 other women, the kids have no respect for them, because they never did anything to earn it, and the kids pretty much run the whole deal, and the parents have no "job"..they can't give advice like Mike Brady did, cause they never took their own advice, and need someone to give them some. So, family shows of today aren't really "families", not one I would want to be a part of, that's for sure.

It is really hard to believe about Robert Reed's real life, because he seemed like he was such a great dad, that you expected him to be happily married with 10 kids in real life. They said he had a terrible temper, and was a total perfectionist, and he wanted to put too much thought in to things that were suppose to be funny, he was always wanting to change stuff around, because he didn't "get it". and thought things didn't make sense.

Those are the things that go on behind the scenes, that they have probably more memories of than the shows we all saw.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I hated Jenny McCarthy on that special too. On imdb someone said "You probably hate her cuz she's hotter than you". No, I think she's attractive woman...but keep it on the pages of PLAYBOY. Once she opens her mouth: complete idiot. (God forbid Jenny McCarthy and Ashton Kuthcer ever hook up...they would have good looking annoying obnoxious children!)
The whole show seemed rushed and a lot of people were disappointed Alice (Ann B Davis) got "...and,by the way, here's Alice..." treatment. I agree that I think Ann B Davis seems like she can revel in her Brady days (she did a commercial dressed as Alice not long ago) where some folks (Eve Plumb) are like "Dont mention THE BRADYS to me!!!!"
My father lives in Laguna Beach. He showed me Eve Plumb's house and told me she's a "witch". It's sort of a running joke whenever I go to California "We dare you to ring Jan Brady's doorbell!" I never will do it cuz they say she's not a dun lovin gal at all.
Robert Reed hated the show. I think he thought the pilot wouldnt sell and when it did he was "stuck". But it kept his family fed for many a year, didnt it? As much as he hated being "a BRADY" I know that he was very good to the kids on the show. He gave them all videocameras for Christmas and thats probably why there IS so much footage of them clowing around on the set. the kdis would run around with the cameras he gave them and make "home movies."

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah, I thought that too about Alice, why wasn't she out for the entire show, and she was brought out like a surprise, but she wasn't a surprise, you could tell they all knew she was there.

You can tell by people if they have a good personality or not, and Eve Plumb and Maureen McCormick did look mean, they looked like they'd rip your head off, so that doesn't surprise me at all. Susan Olsen looked trashy(not sleazy-but like a bum), they all sort of looked bummy. I thought even if they aren't in show buisness anymore, you'd think if you were going on a television special, you make a better effort to fix yourself up. The girls look like bums to me, except Florence, she's always dressed real sharp, and stylish. The girls looked like they had been shopping at Kmart...not that that is bad, but to be on tv...you'd think you'd make an effort, or why even show up?

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
........you also have to consider that a bunch of them were fooling around while on the show. (Like Marcia and Greg hooked up once, Jan and Peter etc.) so maybe just sitting around together is an uncomfortable scenario. They probably sit in fear that the question would come up.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hmmm...all I ever heard was about Florence and Barry Williams....If the question comes up, I would say ..we dated, and that's that. Next question....
pinkmickie
Rewind Curious
Member # 3796

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for pinkmickie   Email pinkmickie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me and my husband are huge Brady Bunch fans. We make our kids watch it all the time,and they laugh at us cuz we know all the lines. Thank god for Nick at Nite and the new classic channels for bringing back some of our younger days!!!! If you think about it, their clothes are IN now, their furniture is IN now, and their hairstyles are IN now. What trendsetters, huh?
Posts: 3 | From: wonder lake, il | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
In Morgan Stewart's Coming Home, he was watching episodes of the Brady's, and it cracked me up because we were all talking about it.
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched part of a show on The Travel Channel yesterday (missed the first half hour)about the locations the Brady Bunch filmed some of their shows. I saw the Hawaii part only. The only members that were not there were Ann B. Davis, Maureen McCormick, and Eve Plumb. I wonder why. Anyway I guess the Brady Bunch is very big in Hawaii.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home