iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » '70s BLAXPOITATION FLICKS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: '70s BLAXPOITATION FLICKS
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone (CANYOUDIGIT maybe?) tell me which ones are good.
So far I've seen FOXY BROWN and COFFY (good)
SHAFT (not so good)
and BLACK SHAMPOO (Awful)
I also so that one where the white guy and the black guy learn Kung Fu from the Chinese guy to avenge the white guys fathers death and at the end of the movie they find out the Chinese Kung Fu Master was the fathers killer. (Can't remember title).(that one was so bad it was actually funny)
Im thinking of buying DOLEMITE and BLACK CAESER. Anyone know if they are good?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peaches asked:
quote:
Im thinking of buying DOLEMITE and BLACK CAESER. Anyone know if they are good?
I have not seen Black Caesar, so I can't comment on that.

But Dolemite (1975) is good in a cheesy kinda way. It was done a shoe-string budget and it shows! (shadows of the camera crew, microphones bob in and out, stuntmen get knocked over during fight scenes although they clearly miss each other, etc.) [Smile]

(click below):
http://www.dolemite.com

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like those movies....I can do without any of those '70s movies. I tried to watch em' but i just could'nt watch.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bigworld   Email bigworld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Black Caeser is good, if you like the genre .I got it off Play.com last year and it was very cheap.

Posts: 58 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home