iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The '70s & Early '80s: When TV movies were King

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The '70s & Early '80s: When TV movies were King
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming on here talking about stuff like ODE TO BILLY JOE, SUNSHINE, BAD RONALD, MARY JANE HARPER CRYED LAST NIGHT....just makes me long for the good old made-for-TV movies they used to show. They were so good! Two favorites I have on vhs are DAWN PORTAIT OF A TEENAGE RUNAWAY (Eve Plumb) and BORN INNOCENT (Linda Blair). In the good old days the made-for-Tv movies were as just as good quality as the movies you had to pay for.
It seems they dont make TV movies like that anymore. I guess you can see most of the TV movies, new and old, on the LIFETIME channel.
I guess with so many cable options they dont feel like they have to make TV movies anymore.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought of two more. The Nanny From Hell ones! They had one with Diane Franklin from LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN. When she showed up she was all dowdy looking and then when they hired her she showed up lookin like a total babe! of course the father ended up foolin around with her.I think in this one she took the two kids (one of which was David "Bud Bundy" Faustino into a boat to try to stael them from the family.
The other one was that woman from Hill Street Blues (I think) and she babysat for the family and the father, who she hit on, was William Shatner! And when she started acting odd they went to look for the famly she had worked for last and when they got to the peoples house the whole family was in bed in the master bedroom dead and covered in clear plastic!
And these were TV movies and I remember them as vividly as THE GUARDIAN and HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE, the Nanny From Hell movies that played in theatres!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean, it bums me out so much. They did make alot of even better movies than what you see at the movies, especially today's movies.

I have been trying to find a couple...

Sylvester-Melissa Gilbert
An Innocent Love-Melissa Sue Anderson

Did you ever see the movie Born to be Sold with Donna Wilkes and Linda Carter...about teen moms who are forced in to giving their babies up for adoption. It is really good.

There were so many great movies. There are so many that I wasn't allowed to stay up late for as a teenager, when I had school during the week, but I would love to see them now. I know Lindsay Wagner made like 30 made for TV movies, and so did Jacklyn Smith.

I was thinking of the movie Small Sacrifices with Farrah Fawcett and The Burning Bed, those were really good.

I just get bummed, because they don't have the same kind of people in the entertainment buisness as they did, when all these people got in to acting. The movies were good, they made mini series, and mini dramas all the time, with elaborate sets...like Shogun and The Thornbirds, but they just are in it to make a buck now, and get complete idiots and throw them in a room together and let them do whatever, and video tape it, and people have let it overcome all other things on tv, so I don't see it ever making a turn around. That's what gets me all the time about TV.

I loved when all the TV shows, made movies too...like there would be several Little House on the Prairie movies from the series, or Grizzly Adams movies.

Even The Bionic Woman...was a made for TV movie, and they don't do that any more. [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Confused]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Saturday night I saw parts of a TV movie version of VALLEY OF THE DOLLS. I never even knew they made that into a tv movie. My husband walked in and said "What the Hell are you watching?". Itw as four hourrs long so I didnt get to see the whole thing.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home