iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » SUNSHINE TV Movie 1973

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SUNSHINE TV Movie 1973
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Im writing to ask about a TV movie from the early '70s called SUNSHINE. My sister has mentioned this movie to me a few times so i finally bid on what is probably a bootleg from eBay.
its supposedly about a woman who finds out she's dying of cancer so she leaves tape recorded messages of her voice for her young daughter. its supposed to be a real tear jerker.
On imdb I read that it spawned a TV show and a Christmas special.
My question is this: has anyone of you actually seen it? Is it as good as I keep hearing it is?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, I remember this one well...Barbara Hershey plays the dying mother...yes, it spawned a show about the daughter & the guy who ends up raising her after the mother dies.

I haven't seen it in 30 years, but I remember all of my friends bawling over this one way back when.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wrong: Cristina Raines was the woman. I went to imdb after I posted, so eventually more things came back to me. I couldn't remember if Cliff DeYoung was the little girl's dad...he was.

Here's a factoid for all you Little House fans: the "Sunshine" little girl is played by the Greenbush twins.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your allowed to slip with Barba Hershey...she did die....in BEACHES!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shinystar
Rewind Curious
Member # 3876

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for shinystar   Email shinystar       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunshine Christmas did have Barbara Hershey in it. She played Sam's love interest in Texas that he went to high school with. Can't remember the character name. But yes, Cristina Raines played Kate in the original Sunshine.
In my opinion, Sunshine Christmas was not as good as the orig. movie. It's heartwarming and all that, but i far prefer Sunshine.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big Cliff De Young fan and these programs are enjoyable. They are really hard to find as well.

Sunshine TV Movie

"Sunshine" TV Show

Sunshine Christmas

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Yes, I heard this is soundtracked by John Denver.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home