iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » TV LAND BRADY MARATHON

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TV LAND BRADY MARATHON
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else watching this? OhmyGo...Im glued to the TV set. My favorite one is the Davy Jones one.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it. I love the Brady Bunch. I didn't watch that Still Brady thing, I started to, but it was kind of boring. I don't have any respect for that "Marcia" person anyway, after she went on Dickie Roberts and was saying the F word. She was talking about what her daughter thinks about her having been on the Brady Bunch. Well, I'd like to know what she thinks about her going on the movie and cussing like that. It was totally not necessary and it didn't even make any sense. It's like saying a cuss word just because, not like you hurt yourself or anything, just because you want to. It did not make any sense. It made all of those child stars look stupid. Anyway, I love the Brady Bunch. Those Pop Up Brady Bunch episodes were good.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching some of it last night, I caught the end of the interview. I can't believe Alice is 88 years old. Wow. Florence Henderson still looks the same. I liked the Brady Bunch-I use to watch it every day afterschool.
Everyone just seems to look like a regular person now, like you'd seem them at the super market, they just don't seem to have to feel for being a "celebrity" any more.
I always thought that was a really great show that had good family values, and you really believed they were a family.

Jules- are you talking about Maureen McCormick?? What was she doing? She seems to act in interviews like being Marcia was horrible. I just don't understand how if we really liked watching it, why they put the whole thing down so bad, then why did they do it at all for, if it was so awful?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, yeah it was Maureen McCormick. At the end of Dickie Roberts, they had all of these child stars singing songs. And when she got up to do hers, she said something and she said the F word. It really didn't make any sense. I just thought, you know that is really inappropriate and it makes no sense for that to be there. I guess she didn't like being that character or something. But if you didn't like it, then keep it to yourself, because you got paid to do it, and she has a child who will eventually see that movie. I don't think her child would be very proud of her for that. Because like I said it just didn't go with the song or anything. And I don't think anyone else that was singing, said that word. Although the whole thing was stupid anyway. Maybe she really wants to be back in the limelight, but I don't think that's the way to do it.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dickie Roberts was a movie. Dickie Roberts was a parody. Maureen McCormick was playing a part in the movie. It had no reflection on how she felt about being on the Brady Bunch.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no clue who Dickie Roberts is?? It sounds like I probably will avoid that name.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star was a movie starring David Spade. There were a bunch of cameos by real former child stars in the movie

Dickie Roberts

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
At the end, they were playing themselves. When they were singing.
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the same age as Maureen McCormick so I totally related to that character from the minute the show came on in '69. You guys are just re-run Brady fans...I WAS Marcia Brady.

I have this one pic of me from 8th grade where my outfit was soooo Marcia...long hair parted down the middle, short skirt, sweater vest, saddle shoes. I was really happening in far-out ways.

WTF...Marcia swearing...there's my girl!

Useless Factoid:
Ann B. Davis is from the NYS Capital Region where I live.

~Don't play ball in the house.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
WOW! That actually looks like something I might wanna see, I can't believe all those people were in it, and I didn't know it, I saw the movie now that I see the picture-advertised somewhere, but I never gave it a thought, so now I am going to have to go get it, just to watch it for the cameos!!
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was surprised to hear you hadnt seen that movie. I saw it in the movie theatre with my friend and at the end he had to run to the mens room and then he wanted to leave so I actually missed the celebrities singing, which IS the best part of the movi! When it came on Pay Per View I watched it again just so I could see that part so I would recommend that you rent it even if you fast foward to the end because just seeing some of our favorite celebs again was a real hoot.(The song they sing is pretty much about how people will walk up to them...even when thier going to the bathroom.....and wanna talk about thier old shows. I think the reason Maureen Mccormick curses is she says "If one more person calles me "marcia" I'm gonna punch thier f****in' face"(or something like that).
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home