iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » A Star Is Born with Barbra Streisand on DVD??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Star Is Born with Barbra Streisand on DVD??
Krister Astrom
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1490

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Krister Astrom   Email Krister Astrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please let me know if A Star Is Born with Barbra Streisand is going to be released on DVD soon
Posts: 12 | From: Sweden | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JTB
Rewind Curious
Member # 7816

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JTB   Email JTB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first movie I was ever in! Played an extra, a Motorcycle Dancer, and was the stand-in for Kris Kristofferson's lead guitarist. Had lotsa fun on that set (ASU, Tempe, AZ). Gave me the bug-- moved to LA and appeared in a couple more...
Posts: 8 | From: scottsdale az | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool JTB [Smile] Welcome to the boards.

It's on dvd in R1. I got mine from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Born-Barbra-Streisand/dp/B000AYEL1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1237212554&sr=1-1

[ 16. March 2009, 06:00: Message edited by: There'll be no morning for us ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I just noticed this was a thread from 2004 lol
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JTB
Rewind Curious
Member # 7816

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JTB   Email JTB   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, those were the days! Barwood Films threw a concert on the day of filming the Stadium scenes at ASU-- I sat right up there on stage behind Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton, and of course, the stars of the film. There's a scene where some guy gives Kris his motorcycle, and (the stunt double) takes it up a ramp on the side of the stage and jumps across about half of it. I 'volunteered' to jump out of the way as he came up-- didn't get Stunt Man Scale, but what the hell! Kris used to polish off about a half a bottle of Jack before shooting-- then go take a hit off of one of the ever-present joints circulating around the set (some of the stories you've heard about The Seventies are actually true!) for good measure. He was pretty cool, though-- so was Babs, if you let her decide when to be friendly. Gary Bussey was pretty much a wildman-- no surprise there.
Posts: 8 | From: scottsdale az | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting fact: Human League's "Don't You Want Me?" was inspired by "A Star Is Born."
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you hear that? I remember Phil Oakey saying he copied the lyrics for 'Don't You Want Me' from a photo love story in a Girl's magazine.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that he was inspired by "A Star Is Born" on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_You_Want_Me

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. So he took the song from a magazine, and then after seeing 'A Star is Born' he decides to turn it into a duet... and it becomes a classic!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home