iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Blue Bird???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Blue Bird???
LisanRick116
Master Rewinder
Member # 2285

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LisanRick116   Email LisanRick116   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember this movie??? I think it stared Elizabeth Taylor and it took place in a "fantasy" type setting. The characters had names like Wind, Water, and Rain. She was helping a brother and sister to get somewhere, I believe.
I think it was made in the middle to late 70's. Has anybody else seen it???? [Confused]

80's RULE
Lisa

Posts: 102 | From: PA | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ay caramba. I know I once saw a colorized Shirley Temple movie called The Bluebird. I think this was based on a Russian faireytale. Long before my time they made a movie with big name stars of The Blue Bird. It was half made by American filmmakers and half made by Russian makers and supposedly the results were not that great.(Considering the stars and the budget I think the movie itself was a disappointment.) Not sure if La Liz was in it ....but you can check the www.imdb.com page for BLUE BIRD and see what comes up.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just checked. it was made in 1976 and it did have Liz Taylor as well as Ava Gardner, Jane Fonda, Cicely Tyson and others.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisanRick116
Master Rewinder
Member # 2285

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LisanRick116   Email LisanRick116   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!!
I will have to check it out! I remember watching it when I was a child, but haven't seen it since. If I remember correctly.....it was kinda "hippie" like. [Cool]

Thanks again!

80's RULE
Lisa

Posts: 102 | From: PA | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home