iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Matthew Star

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Matthew Star
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember The Powers Of Matthew Star? Amy Steel was his girlfriend on the show. I liked watching it, but it didn't last.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember it, and watched it, but can't remember specific stuff about it, I didn't know Amy Steel was his girlfriend. That is pretty cool, are episodes of it anywhere to be found?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SkinnyPuppy
Master Rewinder
Member # 2354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SkinnyPuppy   Email SkinnyPuppy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you give any more details on it. The name sounds very familiar.

One of your earlier posts mentioned "Ark II" which I had completely forgotten about. So I did a net search and came to a great site:

http://www.70slivekidvid.com/

It was really really strange, in ways I can't describe with words, to look through each of these shows which I had forgotten about, see the images, read the basic plots, and suddenly remember them from my childhood.

I think I now know something of what it must feel like for an amnesiac to suddenly regain their memory. In particular was the show "Jason of Star Command" which I recall really loving but probably would never have ever remembered were it not for that site.

Posts: 278 | From: Austin, TX USA | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew Star was a Prince from a planet that was under attack by their enemies. His father, the King, sent Matthew and his bodyguard (Louis Gosset Jr.) to hide out on Earth so that the Prince would be safe just in case the King was killed so the Prince could one day return to his planet and re-take the throne. Here on Earth, the Prince poses as an ordinary High School student and his body guard trains him how to fight and how to become a leader and how to harness his special powers. sometimes aliens from their enemy planet would come to Earrh to try and kill him.

Jason Of Star Command was another favorite of mine. Do you remember Scotty from Star Trek being in it? Those were the good old days of Saturday morning tv. They don't make cool shows like that any more. I have a tape with about 6 episodes of that show on it. I love watching them. They bring back some awesome memories.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Hey Isis, go to that web site that SkinnyPuppy lists in his post. There's stuff on Run Joe Run, The Red Hand Gang, Bigfoot & Wildboy and Big John, Little John. Awesome site!

Thanks SkinnyPuppy!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh My God, thank you! That was the best link that has ever been put on here. I was flipping out! Man- I remember Muggsy!! I loved that show. Nobody can tell me that these shows that had real people in them are not what kids are lacking now. They were awesome. They need to rerun them, I swear the world would be a better place again, if they did. I really believe that is what one of the major problems of today are. There always has been divorce, and drugs, and abuse in every generation, but there hasn't been great tv to counter act the garbage out there. And I really think someone in tv land, needs to be hit hard with reality, and see what a different life we'd all have again, if someone would just "get it". I hope, I hope, I hope so much that they will air these shows again, or at least put them on DVD, so I can at least show my child them, hopefully before he's too old to appreciate them, all though I don't think you !! Way to go SkinnyPuppy!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
somehow my post got cut off, imagine that..I said some how I don't think you ever out grow some of those shows, because they were ageless. I really need to devote alot more time in to checking that site out some more, I hope everyone else loves it as much as me, and if anyone on here never got to ever see those shows-you really missed out on some great stuff.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just was looking at that site again....I wonder if that guy who did it knows about this place, I thought about writing to him.

I remembered Search and Rescue: The Alpha Team, there was nothing better to me than seeing people and animals doing positive things together in tv shows. I loved that. I would die to see that again.

sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one persons garbage is another persons treasure.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You know your absolutely right, I say the exact same thing every time I heard Metallica.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home