iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » saturday morning tv

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: saturday morning tv
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would watch this saturday morning live-action kid's show called Run Joe Run. Does anyone else remember the show?
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember it, but I bet I saw it, but you have reminded me of another show that I know you had to have seen and had to have loved...

BIGFOOT and WILDBOY

It was on through the Kroft show, I have an episode of it. I loved it! You can get some tapes through www.kidrhino.com That is a great place for Kroft shows.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Bigfoot & Wildboy! That was a cool show. That reminds me of a show called Lucan. Do you remember that one? About a wild boy that was raised by wolves and then rescued from the wild, clothed and sent to high school? I remember he would play basketball and start growling at the other players when they got near him.

Anyways, Run Joe Run was about a military police dog, a German Shepherd I believe, that (ok, this just gets plain silly, but stay with me) witnessed a murder on a military base and he is being hunted down by badguys so that he won't identify them to the authorites. The rest of the show was like all the other cliche' plot lines from the fugitive to Kung-Fu to the Hulk. Each week the dog would wonder into a new town and help someone and then get out of town just as the badguys arrive searching for him.
Does that ring a bell?

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! yes, I remember that show, because I loved the bionic dog-and Rin Tin Tin, and that made me think of those, wow! I remember Lucan!!! Oh my gosh, I loved that show! Anything animal related I loved! I was a huge animal person, that's why I loved Isis, she liked animals. My Aunt worked for Greenpeace and Funds for Animals back in the 70's and 80's, and I was a little wildlife conservationist right along with her. How can we find those shows?? Do you know, I would freak out to see that again, thank you for reminding me of those, now I won't be able to sleep at night until I find out about them again. That's so cool!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just looked them both up, it said Run Joe Run-there are 5 episodes out there that you can find through traders, does anyone know how to do that?
Kristy McNichol guest starred on an episode. Gosh I miss that, why can't they make good tv shows any more, they made so many, that I couldn't even remember them all, and they had real live people in them, and they were exciting, and they still are, to kids especially. How could they not be better than stinking Pokemon, show me one good moral lesson learned through a Pokemon cartoon besides fighting.??
Also it said there was a movie for Lucan, I loved that show, I remember it now a lot, and it was great. Kids have NOTHING now, not one good tv show on, that they can learn some values and also have a blast watching, and then run around playing like your a part of those shows. All kids do are pretend like they are fighting each other, and they don't even pretend , half the time that's all they are doing- is beating the crap out of each other. What a crappy childhood. I was over at friends house tonight, and she introduced us to 3 of her neices, and and not one of them even said hello to us, and she says can you say hello, and they just shake their head no, the oldest was in 7th grade, and she wouldn't sit the game controller down from the game, and wouldn't even look at us, they are glued to the video game, I was obsessed with an Atari in my day, but I still had manners.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know how I missed BIGFOOT & WILDBOY....I remember all the other Krofft shows. I read in a BAD TV book that Bigfoot & Wildboy,in thier opinion, was one of the worst shows ever made (but then again the writers of this book obviously dont appreciate Krofft shows).
I dont remember the dog shows you guys mentioned but I do remember THE LITTLEST HOBO.
Yeah, saturday morning cartoons have pretty much turned into one long Pokemon commercial. Its a shame. we had such great shows as kids. (to name a few: RomperRoom,Wonderama,Magic Garden,Davey & Goliath,PufNStuf....)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Ok, Do y'all remember a saturday morning live action kids show called Big John, Little John? It was about a high school teacher who found the fountain of youth and drank from it and would turn into a little kid without warning. He would turn back and forth from a big man to a little boy everytine he sneezed. Robbie Wrist played the little boy. He's the little blond kid with big glasses that later played cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch and even lader played the Dr. Z or something on Galactica 80 (He was theire leader.)
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh my gosh, yes I remember that show too. I can't believe there were so many that I forgot, I love remembering them again, I can't believe that they don't replay them, or you never even hear about them any more. I remember watching shows like F-Troop and Rin Tin Tin as reruns as a kid, cause those were my parents shows, why don't they rerun them again now?

First thing on a Sunday morning, we turned the tv on, and there was a show I never saw before-I think on MTV-called Boiling Point, and they were seeing what people could tolerate, if they make it past a certain time limit they get $100, and the situations are so extreme, I just saw some creep in a little speedo thing on roller skates, in front of a little deli place, and he was staring at these girls, and rubbing his body and being a complete weirdo, and they didn't make it, because she went out and said she was going to call the cops, they don't get the money if they say the f-word too, which every single person says the f-word, even if it is at the end when they tell them they were on the show. Now to me, that show is dangerous, because what if some creep was really doing all that stuff, the one guy did all kinds of gross stuff in a hot tub on spring break, and then he finally took his swimming trunks off, and most of the people stayed in the hot tub, he was eating spaghetti and dropping meatballs in the hot tub, then snorkeling down to pick them up. If you don't get out, there's something wrong with you. And people could now see something that gross and think they are on a tv show, and they could be putting themselves at risk for some lunatic to do something to them, that's what's stupid.

I am so sick of people and this whole extreme reality stuff, it is so beyond the point of where it ever should have been allowed to go to.

I want to be able to turn the tv on a Saturday and Sunday morning, and not fear my child being a witness to that kind of total crap. Why doesn't any in the entertainment industry have the brains to say hey they made great stuff in the 70's, let's put it on-at an actual time slot that kids could watch. So, many of those shows are great for even taking them in to school to teaches kids a lesson, like why not to lie or steal, or do drugs. Isis and Shazam always had a moral lesson, and kids imitate what they see, that's why kids are so bad now, they see it in games and cartoons and television and the movies, and everyone acts like oh well. I hate it so much.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another thing I miss are the Afterschool Specials. remember those? they should play those again.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah, I loved afterschool specials, I wrore about them on here before. There is one I remember the most when Amy Linker is in, and she falls in love with a boy who's mother killed her sister in a drunk driving accident, I would love to watch it again.
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has always been bad kids, it's just now days you hear about it more often because of all the media outlets that bring it to the public eye. Using TV, Movies and music as a reason for being bad, disrespectful, murderous etc is a load of crap. The biggest reason kids are the way they are IMHO is that theres not enough parental surpervision because society makes it so that both parents need to work so they're not there to surpervise their kids the way that they should. But if you want to use TV, music, and movies as the reason people are bad then lets take a look at Charles Manson, Jefferey Dahmer, The Hillside Strangler, The Green River Killer, David Berkowitz, Ted Bundy etc.. all products of the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's who all watched the same tv shows and movies that we did along with listening to the same music that we did. So to say that todays current pop culture is the triggering mechanism is garbage. Granted I don't like todays scene as much as I did back when I was younger, but our parents didn't like the stuff we watched or listened to. Its all part of the growing up cycle, kids will always want to watch, see and listen to something their parents will dispise.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Those after school specials were cool. Remember the one calle Ransom Of Red Chief? About a mean little kid who dressed like an Indian and called himself Red Chief that got kidnapped by two stupid kidnappers and he made their lives so miserable that they tried to give him back to his parents but his parents wanted them to pay for them to take him back. That kid was bad and did stuff to the kidnappers sort of like on Home Alone. I think there was a sequel called Return Of Red Chief.
There was another cool special about some high school kids picked as hall monitors at a school and they got really strict and started making people wear these arm bands and salute them and they started making these wierd rules and brainwashing kids...it was like nazi youth or something. A few kids tried to fight the system and were targeted by these guys. Something like that.

HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, you guys, the things you make me remember: I loved "Run, Joe, Run"!!

Unfortunately, I spent many years in youth bowling leagues on Saturday mornings...lissen, you're from the northeast, your uncle owns the bowling alley, so you bowl. That means I missed a lot of stuff because they only showed youth programming up until noon in those pre-cable days. But I remember very well the Beatles cartoons, The Monkees, Lancelot Link, and of course the timeless Warner Brothers-Looney Tunes cartoons.

After-school specials were great too, but for the life of me I can't recall a single plot.

Please don't dismiss today's youth so easily...two of them are mine and I'd like to think they have something to contribute to the world. Remember, that line from "The Breakfast Club": [paraphrasing] These are the kids that are going to take care of us some day...and that scares the hell out of me."

~Cheers...Seinfeld if you prefer

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Parents worked 2 jobs in the 80's too, not just now. My mom worked, off and on, and she hired a girl to clean our house and babysit us, but you could trust people. My babysitter was 1 of the biggest moral influences on me, she was fantastic, she bought her own corvette and worked hard, she was a great person in my life. My mom knew we were in good hands. I have no idea how people can leave their kids today in daycare, or with a stranger. When they show video clips of people who seem perfectly normal, leaving babies sit in a swing all day, never changed their diaper, never fed, I saw one kid getting whacked on the head with a wooden spoon, and I know people personally who have dealt with stuff.I know a girl who's 4 year old little boy, was left behind at the daycare center, when he went to the bathroom alone, they went without him to go to a day trip over to the firehall, and it was lucky for him that the secretary of the church ,came in and found him, and knew were the rest of them had gone, and they didn't know he was missing. At least when we were kids, if nobody paid any attention to you, you didn't turn the tv on, and hear people doing talk shows about sleeping with their brother, or weird fetish crap, during the day time, when nobody is home but kids under 5 years old, so why is that stuff even on then? There are crazy people in every decade,I don't mean the effects of the extremely mentally disturbed. I am talking about main steam society, and how people act in general. How disrespectful kids are, how they don't even say hello when you say hi to them. My own neice, who's 3-I have watched her haul off and smack her mom and dad right in the face. Where do they get that from? My kid never hit me in the face, ever. I never hit my parents. I was sitting on the floor with her once-the only time she ever was being semi nice, playing with some plastic food, and she threw it in my face, and hit me. I don't let my son watch all the crap tv shows that are on, and there is a huge difference in him from all the other kids I have ever been around, and I am not saying that because he is my kid, because most people do think their kids are wonderful, and they could be monsters, but I know that even though I am home all the time with him, and that in itself is a big factor on his behavior, kids who get dumped ever day, feel it, and they go back and forth on where they feel comfortable, and it is hard on them. Single mothers don't have a choice in not being home. But parents who both work so they can both drive SUV's, and have all this other materialistic stuff, when their children pay for it emotionally, that makes me so mad, because you can't have everything in life, it just isn't possible. If you want materialistic stuff, then you not their for your kids, and they know it. I can not say how many times, I have had kids here, and played board games with them, and they say I wish my mom did that. Or how many kids don't know want it's like to eat homemade cookies, or know what it's like to not eat at McDonald's every night for supper. That is what is shocking. That was a treat for us as a kid, kids don't have "treats", things that are special to them, that they look forward to, because all the things that were ever a big deal to me, like even just going to the Dairy Queen-maybe once a month for an ice cream cone, kids take off and go every day afterschool if they feel like it.
Television, and the music and everything does too have a huge impact on everything, kids imitate whatever images they see. I know it cause I did it as a kid, but I had good things to imitate, if I didn't, I know I'd be a different person now, and that this stuff wouldn't even matter to me. I see my kid in school ever day, and I know what he goes through, and I know how kids act, because I have been around them, unless someone on here has kids and is directly involved in similiar experiences, then you can only think that the media doesn't have anything to do with anything, and why things are so bad, it is all connected.

We went bowling yesterday, and it cost us over $50, to bowl 3 games a piece for 4 people. That didn't even included food, or other arcade games, or shoe rental, it probably was closer to $70, now how is that right, how do kids afford to ever get out of the house and away from the tv, if they can't afford it?

Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
Isis, you mentioned Dairy Queen. Remember Dilly Bars? Now that was a treat. Every time my grandma would come visit she would stop by DQ and bring us one.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My brother was a Dilly Bar boy, but I was a Buster Bar girl. That was before Blizzards made their way in to the world. Going to the Dairy Queen on a hot summer night, was like one of the best parts of summer, our Dairy Queen was never open all year long, so it gave you something to really look forward to.

Do you remember Black Cows? They were like a sugar daddy on a stick, covered in chocolate. We used to get them in the summer, when we'd go to the community swimming pool, because they lasted all day, and you left them lay in the wrapper in the sun, and they got warm, so you could chew them.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home