iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Nobody will probably read this,but what the heck..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nobody will probably read this,but what the heck..
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I went to pick up my son today from school, the song Sweet Talkin Woman by ELO was playing, I love ELO, and I was thinking about the 80's site, and about the differing opinions as to why times seem different to some, and not to others. I honestly was thinking about music in the 70's, easy listening stuff, like Firefall and Bread, and Abba, and songs like Hitchin a ride, and Chevy Van, and Shannon, and Seasons in the Sun-those are all on a CD I have-my son loves the song The Night Chicago Died. I love the song Shannon about the dog, and I was thinking how sweet those songs were. I just got The Osmonds greatest hits, my son is loving Donny Osmond, like I died, for the same reason I did, he was talented, and could play a million instruments, they could do anything, they were funny, he wore purple socks as his trademark, he was a good singer, and I like that clean cut good image of people. We like the song-One Bad Apple. I like Seals and Croft and Kansas, and so many other groups from the 70's. I really think for me when I hear that kind of music, it totally influences how I feel, when I am driving along listening to the radio, and I hear someone screaming and saying people can kiss their a--, or calling themself a bitch, or talking about "doing it", then that irritates me, and if that was all I ever had to listen to, and there had never been anything else ever, what kind of person would I be now? I really think it all has to do with who you are as a person. I like that the 70's music had feeling and emotion to it. It changed and was different in the 80's-but still good, now it is different-and plain awful, and where do you go from here, is what I want to know in music and movies? What is next?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonnie 521
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2477

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lonnie 521   Email Lonnie 521   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with what you say about today's music, that is why many stations have a format that plays a majority of 80's music. This is especially true on the weekends and they play only eighty's also I like vh-1 classic, they play a lot of older music.
Posts: 77 | From: Cincinnati | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohmyGod! I totally love ELO(have thier Greatest Hits.) Also great Greatest Hits cds are the Abba one and the BeeGees One. You sound like you would like EASY 70s . and also SUDDENLY 70s. Im pretty sure thier from Razor & Tie Music.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try www.musicspace.com they sell a lot of good 70s compilations there.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home