iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Towering Inferno

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Towering Inferno
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my son just finished watching it. I never saw it before. Now that is a movie. They don't make them like that any more. The effects and the actors-Paul Newman, Steve McQueen, Faye Dunaway, Dabney Coleman, Robert Wagner, Susan Blakely, Richard Chamberlain- it was excellent. The effects were so cool how they did that-is amazing, and that is what I call a movie, when you are stunned by what you are seeing, and can't even imagine it happening for real, and it feeling like it did, and you were watching it. My son loved it too, he said it is his 2nd favorite movie now. It is very weird, the words Steve McQueen says at the end about building buildings that high, how firefighters can't fight anything past the 7th floor, and they were lucky because the body count was only around 200, but he said some day it will be in the thousands, and it was so eerie, like a preminission of the World Trade Center. I was at the top of the Empire State Building before, and it is crazy, how high up that is, and I could never do that now, watching that movie, just gave me the creeps so bad. But, it was a great movie, like movies should be. That's another thing about living in the now-I haven't been to the movies in months, the last movie I saw was Brother Bear, I liked it, but there hasn't been an action movie of any kind, in the last 4-5 years that has made me wish to go see it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome flick! I'm a huge Steve McQueen fan. Have you ever seen him in The Great Escape or Papillion? (might be mispelled) Those were two awesome movies he was in.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true Icey, at the end of TI Steve gives this long speech about how buildings weren't meant to be built like that...a precursor to the WTC disaster, who knows? I go to NYC a few times a year and it's weird...there's still a big hole in the skyline in your mind and you feel odd when you're up quite high. I took my kids to Ground Zero...it was awful...I'll never forget it. At the same time, the spirit of New Yorkers is unique.

"Papillon" and "The Great Escape" are both good McQ flicks in a long list of his films.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home