iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Love Boat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Love Boat
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is on again, I saw it in the middle of the night, and it was a Valentine's Day episode. I loved how the boat was all decorated and that everyone was all dressed really nice. Even though it wa snot my favorite show, and every actor on there was a big nerd, it still is better than anything on tv now. I like watching it just to see who was going to guest star on it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Love Boat was created with the sole purpose of giving all your level 2 and 3 actors a chance to work an extra 2 or 3 times a year in addition to their lame game show appearances.

You could also say the same thing about Battle of the Network Stars which was always a good example of a whos who of who

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the Love Boat and the Battle of the Network Stars. I hope eventually both get released on dvd.
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Sam hain2's comment:
quote:
The Love Boat was created with the sole purpose of giving all your level 2 and 3 actors a chance to work an extra 2 or 3 times a year in addition to their lame game show appearances...
Shortly after Sonny Bono died in 1997, I remember watching a VH-1 "Behind The Music" documentary on Sonny.

He talked about his career after he divorced from Cher, and he mentioned his guest appearances on "The Love Boat" TV show.

Sonny said that the "The Love Boat" was "the kind of show in which whenever you make a guest appearance, your career is either on its way up or on its way down. And I didn't think my career was going to up anytime soon after I appeared on that show." Sonny later said that his apperance on the show was an early indication that his own show-biz career was fading fast, and he had better think of another line of work.

And he did just that, by getting into the restaurant business, and later became involved with civic affairs to get elected to become Mayor of Palm Springs, CA and later to U.S. Congress.

But Sam Hain2 is right, "The Love Boat" was little more than an excuse to get B-list (or lower) people in a show. It's probably not the kind of show you would want to appear on your resume if you were just starting out in show biz and have a serious career!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked all those B-list people, some of them were some of my favorite actors. If you think about it, who actually are the big names on tv right now?? They are all reality people. The one person I hate on tv, and my friend loves him-is Simon from American Idol. He is a total pain in the butt, you don't ever have to be mean and cruel to people, if they have no talent. Why crush them and make them feel embarrassed...I hate that show. We don't have tv series any more like we did. So, if they had a Love Boat now, who'd be a guest? So the B-listers of the 70's, 80's, still rank better in my book than anyone on tv today.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis asked:
quote:
So, if they had a Love Boat now, who'd be a guest?
If "The Love Boat" were still around today, any washed-up has-been star from the 60's, 70's, and 80's (and even the early 90's) would appear as a guest.

With that in mind, I could see the following people as guests:

Vanilla Ice
Adam Rich
Leif Garrett
Coreys Feldman and Haim
Gary Coleman
John Davidson
Rip Taylor
Charles Nelson Reilly
M.C. Hammer
Erik Estrada
Sally Kellerman
Karen Black
Nina Van Pallandt
Sally Struthers
Stella Stevens
Charo
Linda Blair
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Anna Nicole Smith
Any actor from "The Partridge Family"
Any actor from "The Brady Bunch"
Anyone from the 2003 movie Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star
Anyone who appeared in a John Waters movie
Anyone from Andy Warhol's crowd (Joe Dallesandro, Sylvia Miles, Viva, Joy Bang, etc.)

...and many others that I can't think of right now.
[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good list

also could add anybody from Little House on the Prarie, Dukes of Hazzard and Hee Haw

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home