iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » **FaV 70s MoViE**

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: **FaV 70s MoViE**
M80sgrl
Rewinder
Member # 332

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for M80sgrl   Author's Homepage   Email M80sgrl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey wuts every1s favorite 70's movie? i love them all but if i had to choose it would have to be Grease.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of my favorite movies of the 70's decade, and this is just a partial list:

(in no particular order)

Patton
Five Easy Pieces
The Godfather, Parts 1 and 2
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Star Wars
Young Frankenstein
Annie Hall
Network
Breaking Away
(the best 70's teen movie)
Heaven Can Wait
Being There
American Graffiti
Chinatown
Nashville
Jaws
All The President's Men
Taxi Driver
Paper Moon
Little Big Man

The original Italian movie Swept Away By An Unusual Destiny In The Blue Sea Of August (which is MUCH better than the awful recent remake with Madonna!)
Rocky (just the first one; didn't like the sequels)

MOST OVERRATED MOVIES FROM THE 70'S:

Last Tango In Paris
A Clockwork Orange

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked anything with Steve McQueen (although some of his best work was done in the 60s)and the classic Star Wars and Godfather films.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Slater
Senior Rewinder
Member # 502

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Slater   Email Slater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I guess with any list of best of films everybody is going to have their own opinion, but Steven, come on! Patton as one of the best films of the 1970s? Its a good enough war film but one of the best films of the entire decade!

Does you care to make a case for it?

Posts: 82 | Registered: Dec 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally World
Rewind Curious
Member # 562

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Wally World   Email Wally World   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to go with the underrated horror movie,"Dawn of the Dead."
Posts: 2 | From: IL | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronbo
Rewind Curious
Member # 464

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ronbo   Email Ronbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smokey and the Bandit!! The original of course! Sequals were weak. Sherriff Buford T. Justice is classic. I've watched this one more than 80 times. (more than any other)
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha Bobby & Rose

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

The Exorcist

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbaby345
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1365

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for moonbaby345   Email moonbaby345   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carrie
The Exorcist
Amittyville
The Posoiden(sp?) Adventure( I think it was 70's)

Posts: 14 | From: Cleveland,OH | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitkat3232
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1390

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kitkat3232   Author's Homepage   Email Kitkat3232   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the movies from the 70s! Instead of picking an obivious choice like Grease or Jaws I have a few some might be ashamed to admit they love.

Roller Boogie
The Towering Inferno
Freaky Friday
Meatballs (the rest were weak)

Posts: 13 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee Ludvig
Rewind Curious
Member # 1421

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lee Ludvig   Email Lee Ludvig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some of my fave 70's movies??? hmm, lets see?

the warriors
taking of pelham 123
french connection
seven ups
across 110th street
get carter
don's party
clockwork orange
slap shot
the take

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Roboto
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1424

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mr Roboto   Email Mr Roboto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#1 Star Wars - no contest

Then, in no particular order:

Rocky, Animal House, Superman, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Young Frankenstein, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind

Of course, the 70's were nothing without these horror flicks:

Jaws, The Exorcist, Halloween, Amityville Horror, The Omen...

Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbaby345
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1365

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for moonbaby345   Email moonbaby345   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could I forget Halloween?! [Eek!] That has to be my favorite movie from the 70's.As you can see from my previous post I'm a big horror fan.
Posts: 14 | From: Cleveland,OH | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curious1
Rewind Curious
Member # 1474

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Curious1   Author's Homepage   Email Curious1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a Phantasm freak.

BOY !!!!!

Posts: 3 | From: Delaware | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seven Minutes In Heaven
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1535

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Seven Minutes In Heaven   Email Seven Minutes In Heaven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Five easy pieces is my favorite film of the seventies.

There are so many more I loved. Easily the best decade for film.

Posts: 11 | From: new york city | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest -which is my all time favorite movie of any decade.

Over the Edge -A little known gem, the best teen angst film ever, rotates between my top two and three spots with Ed Wood

Mad Max -The first installment to the greatest film series.

A Clockwork Orange -I had the opening monologue down when I was 12...not long after that, my teachers suggested to my parents that I get professional help.

Dawn of the Dead -yes, you're right (whoever said that) one of the greatest horror films ever.

The Warriors -I dig it.

Rocky -love em' all really.

The Godfather 1 & 2 -these should probably be on everyone's list.

The Longest Yard -I don't even like football...great movie...and hey, it's the 70's, I figured I need at least one Burt Reynolds film on the list.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Hain
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1552

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Sam Hain   Email Sam Hain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Jack
Over the Edge
The Warriors
Star Wars
Halloween
The Wanderers
Animal House
Bad News Bears
Blazing Saddles
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 56 | From: Bismarck, ND; hopefully Phoenix, ARIDzona come spring | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawn of the Dead and Halloween for sure. How about The Texas Chain Saw Massacre ('74)? I was obsessed with this movie for a while.
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HALLOWEEN and THE WANDERERS [Cool]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
louise_miller
Rewind Curious
Member # 1605

- posted      Profile for louise_miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Exorcist
Halloween
Animal House
Bad News Bears

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Curious1:
I am a Phantasm freak.

BOY !!!!!

Right on Dude! I love Phantasm. I don't quite understand some of the hidden meanings, but the movies are still very enjoyable.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NottoocoolJulie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1580

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for NottoocoolJulie   Email NottoocoolJulie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad News Bears!! Love it..
Posts: 59 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes those are all great 70's movies, but I would like to add
Cheach and Chong "Up in Smoke"
Cheach and Chong "Nice Dreams"
My car club Together was featured in this movie
And a realastic movie about Hood Rats
"Boulevard Night"

Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick Napolitano
Rewinder
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick Napolitano   Email Nick Napolitano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Exorcist
2. Carrie
3. Halloween
4. Jaws
5. Saturday Night Fever
6. Grease

These are my ultimate favorite 70s movies.

Posts: 42 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
serious movie GREASE
cult movie SWITCHBLADE SISTERS

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home