iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Leonard part 6.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Leonard part 6.
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any thoughts on this Bill Cosby Vehicle?

GOD-AWFUL piece of garbage! i saw this when i was 6 years old in 1988 on video and thought it was dumb despite i loved the Cosby show and Fat Albert, i watched it 4 years ago on DVD rental and it blew more than ever.

In fact before the movie came out in theaters in 1987, Cosby warned audiences not to see it on talk-shows.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cosby Show was awesome but he made HORRID movies during this time period.

I don't understand why......

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Melted BUTTER!!!!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes me yearn for 'Ghost Dad'....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not quite sure what the writers were snorting while coming up with this, but hopefully it's since been outlawed. In the meantime, give the Coz credit for acknowledging he made a mistake and trying to help people save money by avoiding it (I believe he may have been the first Razzie "winner" to accept his statuette in person if I'm not mistaken). To get some REAL laughs out of the film, www.agonybooth.com has a rather hilarious review of it where they mock everything they can (and there's certainly plenty to mock).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently got The Devil And Max Devlin w' Bill Cosby....I don't recall seeing it as a kid, but for some reason, was drawn to the memory of maybe seeing the preview? Anyway, I'm hoping it's good. I love the Cos, and especially like seeing him in older stuff...the Fat Albert Show, for example. I recently seen a DVD set for The Bill Cosby Show (pre the original Cosby Show) and I'm intrigued...never seen this or even a preview of...anybody know anything about it?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Bill Cosby is great, genius even, despite the less than illustrious movies mentioned here that he did. (Those are some real stinkers. His concert film "Bill Cosby Himself" is very funny.) Anyway, I have very fond memories of the, by now considered "ancient," 1969-70 sitcom, "The Bill Cosby Show," where he played a gym teacher. He's excellent, as you'd expect, and the show has an outstanding pedigree--it was co-created by Ed. Weinberger who did "Taxi" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." It's such a clever, low-keyed charmer, more of a slice-of-life piece than a sitcom, that I think anyone can appreciate, Kevdugp73. What a joy: a wonderful comedian/actor portraying a positive role model, a nice but not sanctimonious teacher, in a non-traditional-for-its-time (no laugh track) show!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Crash...the first season of his show is now available on DVD...at a pretty reasonable price...I'm sold...adding it to my Christmas wish list!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And of course, Generation Y can appreciate his work doing Picture Pages (wonder what Mortimer Ichabod Marker's doing these days? That would be an interesting E! True Hollywood Story).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CtCFM, I had forgotten about the Picture Pages! Wow, that's a blast from the past! I think Cos is probably an interesting guy, maybe even someone I'd want to have a drink with. I know that he has this persona of professional educator, humanitarian, etc. that, sadly, got tarnished somewhat by some scandal, which was a shame. But it is undeniable that, no matter what, when you think of the heavy hitters of comedy, he's in the top echelon. I dare folks not to laugh at the routines on those early LP's: for example, Chicken Heart and my favorite, driver's test in Fat Albert's car. It's impossible; they are absolutely hilarious.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who thinks the filmmakers were on crack when they made this movie?
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home