iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Back to the Future clip w Eric Stoltz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back to the Future clip w Eric Stoltz
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this on CNN this morning...

Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly

I love Eric but I agree, I don't see him in that role...it wouldn't have worked. It was MJ Fox's density to play Marty McFly.

But it begs the question, how did that work contractually for Mr. Stoltz? I would imagine he did get paid for the five weeks of production and hopefully for any preproduction work that he was involved with...

I love rare footage like this...I'll have to research the 25th Anniversary Edition of the DVD later to see what other gems are on it. Break is up...back to work [Razz] .

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanna see what footage remains of Tom Selleck's screen tests as Indiana Jones.

Or I could just watch High Road To China again, I suppose.....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for sharing on your break cindy! that was great to see.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was fun to watch. I'm looking forward to the new extras on the upcoming anniversary release.

Don't forget to check your local AMC theaters for BTTF screenings this month!

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome clip cindym!
Like straight from some kind of parallel universe...
Eric is cool but MJ Fox = Marty.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy.. If this is the awesome stuff that you can provide on your breaks.. my hope is that you will start posting whenever you get anothet one. Up until now, I had only seen still photos of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly.

I can't imagine anyone else except Michael J. Fox in that role. Glad they worked it all out in the end.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow....didn't even know about this, let alone see it. One of my all time favs. Hmmmm....that musta been pretty hard on the ego for Stolz, but obviously had to be done....ouchhh!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe some of the footage had been released before on an uber-limited edition video tin box set thingy. This is making me salivate for the doc on the blu-ray! Keep digging Cindy!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy.. so awesome that you used 'density' in your description!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great link Cindy! love this kind of thing. You know...Michael J. Fox is a brilliant actor and Marty McFly was his iconic role. But Eric Stoltz could've been just as good, of course we'll never know because our history with MJF runs too deep and too long to even consider the possibility that another actor could've made that part his own.

Woah, that's heavy.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I just read about this in entertainment weekly yesterday. The funny thing is I never have one picture in my head of what Eric Stoltz looks like. Or in a very back to the future twist... Would he and Lea Thompson in this ruin Some Kind of Wonderful?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.moviehole.net/201026977-michael-jfox-lea-thompson-bttf-reunion
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one, Helen - that's a fantastic link. If you follow through to the Entertainment Weekly site, you'll also get a Pretty In Pink cast reunion video.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These movies seem like yesterday, and yet we have all these 25 year 'reunions' happening. Strange feeling.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing the screening of this film this Saturday.
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating footage of what could have been.

You can only speculate as to how it would have turned out.

Thanks for putting it up, Cindy.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80sCoop
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9205

- posted      Profile for 80sCoop   Email 80sCoop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there, I'm new here. All these great posts really take me back.

It's so strange to see Stoltz in that role. Can't imagine him in it, even after seeing clips.

Loved the interview on Moviehole with MJF & Thompson.

Have you guys seen this video w/Huey Lewis & the News - Power of Love...with Christopher Lloyd? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFaXTcR4dtE

Posts: 17 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the site Coop424!

Yeah, it´s a familiar video.
We have this thread called 80s music videos featuring cast members
Check it out, there´s more cool videos mentioned.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P a u l:
I wanna see what footage remains of Tom Selleck's screen tests as Indiana Jones.

You can see this in the documentary on the extras disc of the Indiana Jones DVD boxset... His test was opposite Karen Allen. [Smile]
Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey Coop424 .. thanks for posting that awesome video. I totally missed it on the other thread.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home