iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Easy Money deleted scene

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Easy Money deleted scene
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So most people that are a fan of this hilarious 80s Rodney Dangerfield flick know that there is a scene missing from the DVD and VHS release.

The missing scene involves Monte's neighbor Ginger (playboy playmate Kimberly McArthur), who shows up at a boxing match to tempt him to gamble and smoke weed...and she flashes her gigantic boobs.

I was too young to have seen this in the theater, so my memory of this scene comes from HBO or Cinemax. I own the DVD and previously owned the VHS. That scene is not on either of those formats.

I was wondering if someone here owns the laserdisc or knows if that scene is included on the laserdisc release.

Thanks.

Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Booger.. I don't own the laserdisc for "Easy Money", but actually remember the scene you seek. If I'm correct it was one of Monty's dream sequences. As a teenager, I spent many late nights watching 80's flicks on HBO and that scene was present then.

Your quest reminds me of a similar type of nudity that is now missing from all versions of "Can't Buy Me Love". The debated is heated and has lasted for years:

Several people including myself claim that in the theatrical release and the late night cable version of "Can't Buy Me Love" that during the car scene with Ronnie and Patty in the car right before she says..

"I happen to know, that in the whole town, there's only one other t*tty, quite this pretty. And here it is!"

..Darcy DeMoss actually exposes one of her breasts.. the scene did not show both of her breasts as some people seem to remember though.

The scene has become somewhat of an urban legend now and my thought is that it was a similar late night cable scene that has since been lost.

I have no proof, but would love to have it confirmed.

[ 05. March 2011, 08:49: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen Easy Money but boy do i want to watch it now [Smile]

IŽll try to find the old finnish VHS tape
and check out if it includes the deleted scene.
Damn i hate scissors, boobs never killed anybody...

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I live on Staten Island where it was filmed. You are totally correct. My father taped it when we were young and that boxing scene does 100% exist on HBO. On the webpage here you can see that I wrote about it.

Actually he runs into everyone that is offering him everything. And his mother in law and her lackey are there with a paper for each person behind them saying what he isn't allowed to do. This is exactly what happened.

And Valley, I saw Can't Buy Me Love in the movies and you are totally correct that this did happen.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK...you need to see "Easy Money" ASAP....even with the deleted scene, there is still a backyard sunbathing scene you may enjoy! This is a pretty good movie....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Never seen Easy Money but boy do i want to watch it now [Smile]

IŽll try to find the old finnish VHS tape
and check out if it includes the deleted scene.
Damn i hate scissors, boobs never killed anybody...

I'm pretty sure it's not included on the VHS. I've owned a couple of different VHS releases and it was never on any of them. Although I did recently here that it's on the betamax version. Sadly I don't own a betamax player...but it may be worth the investment, to me anyway, just to have that version of the film. I already own a laserdisc player so I would actually prefer to own it on that format.
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Hey Booger.. I don't own the laserdisc for "Easy Money", but actually remember the scene you seek. If I'm correct it was one of Monty's dream sequences. As a teenager, I spent many late nights watching 80's flicks on HBO and that scene was present then.

Your quest reminds me of a similar type of nudity that is now missing from all versions of "Can't Buy Me Love". The debated is heated and has lasted for years:

Several people including myself claim that in the late night cable version of "Can't Buy Me Love" that during the car scene with Ronnie and Patty in the car right before she says..

"I happen to know, that in the whole town, there's only one other t*tty, quite this pretty. And here it is!"

..Darcy DeMoss actually exposes one of her breasts.. the scene did not show both of her breasts as some people seem to remember though.

The scene has become somewhat of an urban legend now and my thought is that it was a similar late night cable scene that has since been lost.

I have no proof, but would love to have it confirmed.

I remember that scene from Can't Buy Me Love, but not the nudity. It would be interesting to see that scene intact [Big Grin] Now I'm curious if that scene exists on the laserdisc. Now that I own a laserdisc player I'm not afraid to buy those things for unreleased movies and such.

I'm a HUGE fan of Rodney Dangerfield and I remember being excited when Easy Money finally came out on dvd but then disappointed that the boxing scene was missing.

On a side note--A few years ago I attended a screening, here in town (Austin,TX) at the Alamo Drafthouse Theater, of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The guy who plays the pizza delivery man in that film (Taylor Negron), and who plays Julio in Easy Money, was at the screening for a Q&A after the film...oh he also delivered our pizza too during that scene in the film. LOL. They actually stopped the movie when he entered the classroom and he came in and started passing out pizza. After the film and Q&A I met him in the lobby where we briefly discussed Easy Money and Rodney and I had him sign my Easy Money dvd cover. That was so much fun!

Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
aTomiK...you need to see "Easy Money" ASAP....even with the deleted scene, there is still a backyard sunbathing scene you may enjoy! This is a pretty good movie....

Absolutely agree! Anyone that hasn't seen this yet needs to.
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Booger:
On a side note--A few years ago I attended a screening, here in town (Austin,TX) at the Alamo Drafthouse Theater, of Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The guy who plays the pizza delivery man in that film (Taylor Negron), and who plays Julio in Easy Money, was at the screening for a Q&A after the film...oh he also delivered our pizza too during that scene in the film. LOL. They actually stopped the movie when he entered the classroom and he came in and started passing out pizza. After the film and Q&A I met him in the lobby where we briefly discussed Easy Money and Rodney and I had him sign my Easy Money dvd cover. That was so much fun!

That is totally awesome! This is the kind of stuff I would try to do if I ever get the 80's Movie Network launched!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy Money was one of our fist DVD buys-I could swear that chick is in it-will have to check. I have a feeling the same girl is in Night Patrol, the one that says "No, this is a bust!"
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Several people including myself claim that in the late night cable version of "Can't Buy Me Love" that during the car scene with Ronnie and Patty in the car right before she says..

I have big issues with this particular debate. When it first started on the IMDB, I was one of the "I'm certain she exposes her breast" crowd, and I was sure I wasn't wrong. Problem was; I owned every version of CBML I had ever watched; late night taped from TV; ex-rental from my local video store; sell through VHS. After checking them I found that there was no nudity. This debate has gone on for years without a single freeze-frame image, without a single clip showing the breast, etc. The only thing the "I know I saw it" crowd have is their memory, which to myself I had already proved faulty. Until someone actually comes up with something more solid than the belief they saw something, I'm gonna stick with the "It never happened" crowd. I'd love to be wrong, but this debate has raged for years, and at this point - with a total lack of proof - I don't think the 'uncut' scene exists.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bamersy:
Easy Money was one of our fist DVD buys-I could swear that chick is in it-will have to check. I have a feeling the same girl is in Night Patrol, the one that says "No, this is a bust!"

She is in one scene in the film sunbathing topless. That scene is still intact on the the video and dvd releases. The scene I'm talking about that exists, apparently shown on the premium cable channels ONLY, was a scene at a boxing match where she is topless again.

And the girl you are talking about from Night Patrol is a different girl. She is an adult film star named Kitten Natividad.

Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
I just ordered the Vestron Video VHS release of this flick to see if it includes the missing scene or not. Someone reported the scene being on the betamax release--and the Verstron version is the earliest VHS release, and exact same as the betamax and laserdisc release. So...I'll report what I find, later.
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
Well, time to be disappointed. I've now officially given up on my search for the version of this film that includes the missing boxing scene. The earliest home video release of this film did not include the scene. So I'm going to assume since the betamax and laserdisc are identical releases, the scene will not be there either. This film does not get much respect as it is so the idea of getting a special edition release with deleted or alternate scenes is probably wishful thinking.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got the finnish vhs tape about a year ago and watched it. It was totally uncut so it included the famous boxing scene.
As a whole, the movie didnŽt quite live up to the expectations but Dangerfield is in fine form and those nude scenes are worth the price alone.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lerald
Rewind Curious
Member # 37393

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lerald   Email Lerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I finally got the finnish vhs tape about a year ago and watched it. It was totally uncut so it included the famous boxing scene.
As a whole, the movie didnŽt quite live up to the expectations but Dangerfield is in fine form and those nude scenes are worth the price alone.

Posts: 3 | From: minneapolis | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lerald
Rewind Curious
Member # 37393

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lerald   Email Lerald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance of uploading it and sharing it with the world?
Posts: 3 | From: minneapolis | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
IŽm sorry but i donŽt have the equipment to do that.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How bout just a screenshot of the boxing scene? [Big Grin] Just kidding.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home