iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Akira (1988).

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Akira (1988).
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorite movies of all time and my favorite animated movie of all time! i remembered sixteen years ago when i lived in Carlsbad (California that is) before moving to Santa Ana, i saw an article on anime in Newsweek when i was 14 at my junior high's library and they mentioned Akira including the theatrical release of Ghost in The Shell. I rented this movie from one of the local movie rental stores, loved it.

I got hooked into anime even though my earlier experiences with anime were Unico 1 & 2, Jack and The Beanstalk, Voltron, Transformers and more. I did saw Vampire Hunter D and Robot Carnival when i was 12, Little Nemo when i was 11 especially Project A-Ko and Totoro when i was 12 on HBO.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goresnet
Master Rewinder
Member # 6592

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for goresnet   Email goresnet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a decent home theater, check out Akira on bluray. Never looked better, but the sound will blow you away!
Posts: 160 | From: League City, TX | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Akira, and admit that I am not an expert on anime by any means, but Cowboy Beebop, the series and movie are brilliant on every level, personal favorites.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an amazing movie you know, did you know this movie came out december of 1989 here in the states by Streamline pictures? i had the movie in it's streamline dub with Cam Clarke's voice (a.k.a. Leonardo from Ninja Turtles) for years and bought the 2-Disc DVD and now own the Blu-Ray.

I also read the amazing manga.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the movie , and I also own the manga. They're both fantastically stylized, have a great story and a cool setting...
Cyberpunk to the bone!
"TETSUOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Akira and own the 2-VHS and 2-dvd sets.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home