iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hello Everyone !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello Everyone !!!
crownrox
Rewind Curious
Member # 9180

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for crownrox   Email crownrox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been lurkin for awhile and have enjoyed reading everyones post ... my wife and I are taking our vacation time this week and have decided to stay home and watch ALOT of tv .. so our question to you all is ...... What are the "must see" movies that you would watch with a week off of work [Smile]
Posts: 3 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome I would say for starters the back to the future trilogy
Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome crownrox! Glad you decided to join..

What are some of your fav flicks?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go with the Back to the Future movies too. Or at least the first one considering it IS the quintessential 80's movie.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want a week off work too! I'm there in my head :-) Ok 7 on offer, one for each day of your week long vacation [Wink]

'the secret to my success', 'the last american virgin', {great soundtrack!} 'Side Out', 'Big Trouble in Little China'!! Back to Schooll ;-) 'The Lost Boys' and to top it all off 'Caddyshack'!

Ok one more to top it all off... Valley Girl [Smile]

Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on what you have access to. Are you renting? dvd or vhs? Netflix?

I agree with the movies already mentioned. All are good choices. Here are some more that are easy to find and rent on dvd:

The Blues Brothers
Roadhouse
Better Off Dead
Some Kind Of Wonderful
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Karate Kid
Gremlins
Footloose
Goonies
Sixteen Candles
Breakfast Club
Ghostbusters
Pretty In Pink
Mannequin
Teen Wolf
Big
Top Gun
Beverly Hills Cop

If you have already seen all of those, then look for:

Rad
Tuff Turf
Streets Of Fire
Secret Admirer
Thrashin'
Night Of The Creeps
Three O'Clock High

Have fun this week, and please report back to us which movies you decided to watch [Smile]

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crownrox
Rewind Curious
Member # 9180

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for crownrox   Email crownrox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great list !!! i had forgotten a few of those !!!

watching quicksilver now [Smile]

rad = best movie never to make it to DVD [Frown]

we have ALOT of avenues as far as access to movies, big families = alot of movie collections, so keep the ideas coming !!!

Posts: 3 | From: Tulsa | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rad
Tuff Turf
Streets Of Fire

These are all movies I saw for the first time and loved this year!!

You gotta watch the Vacation movies.......at least the first and European...."holiday road...wooooahhh" get it "vacation" [Big Grin]

One of my personal favs......My Bodyguard!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Burbs
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have a theme each time with food...eg ice cream with a horror, candy and sugary stuff with a comedy, pizza with a foreign film, just make it fun whatever you watch...make it a big deal and pretend its a date.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In honor of Wall Street II coming out, I'd say watch the original.

I agree on Family Vacation!

Getting close to Halloween so the Halloween movies would be solid along with Friday the 13th ones!

Big is always solid!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
These are all movies I saw for the first time and loved this year!!
It just struck me that if you had watched them for the first time when they came out, you would have seen them... 25 years ago!

I feel old.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home