iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Please help me decipher my wicked new 80's t-shirt.. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Please help me decipher my wicked new 80's t-shirt..
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kev.. I'm in agreement with each of your choices.. "Spaceballs" and "The Goonies" are definite. And I love the "Die Hard" icon. It took me awhile to figure that one out because I kept thinking of Cousin Eddie in a t-shirt from "Christmas Vacation".. but I'm so with you on "Die Hard" now.

Devo.. I like the "Clash of the Titans" suggestion.. that is an icon that isn't easily figured out.. "The Heavenly Kid", "Date With An Angel".. probably a more well known movie like Clash though.

Muffy.. I appreciate you playing.. trust me there a more than few that I'm guessing on. Keep suggesting!

[ 25. September 2010, 04:52: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
 -

Here's one that took me awhile that I'll share:

"Blade Runner"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

Ronnie's brilliant answer "The Princess Bride" .. nice observation:

"I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?"

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Valley...I was trying to make it Christmas Vacation too...."Merry Christmas...the Sh*tter was full...."
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

The Empire Strikes Back
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

OUCH....ET
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Sorry for hogging all the easy ones...they're the only ones I ever know...and you guys are always so good at this stuff....it was good for my self esteem!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, i only posted a couple like valley asked so that others could join in as well.

i agree with Devo on the Platoon one, but Kevdug got me on the santa clause hat and muscle shirt, i think he's right,...i was thinking christmas vacation haha.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Devo.. I like the "Clash of the Titans" suggestion.. that is an icon that isn't easily figured out.. "The Heavenly Kid", "Date With An Angel".. probably a more well known movie like Clash though.

i guessed Iron Eagle or something like that?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
 -

ghostbusters!??! this one took me forever!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

Screw it! I'm just gonna let loose with some guesses!

Top Gun.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

Full Metal Jacket.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

Beverly Hills Cop.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

Good Morning Vietnam.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Valley:
 - </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Good Morning Vietnam.

That makes more sense...I was thinking Footloose, with the whole...music is OK theme.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Ronnie...I agree with Ghostbusters.

logan5...can you explain the Raiders of the Lost Ark pic...I can't make sense of the image even with you telling me what it is!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
It looks like the Ark - except it isn't gold. I could be imagining things. I was just throwing it out there.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
quote:
 -

You guys are all wrong on this one...it's obviously two monkeys about to embrace in a kiss...so...Project X! [Big Grin]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Okay.. Ronnie is correct on "Ghostbusters" since at least three of us agree!

logan5 is correct on "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Good Morning Vietnam".. I'm pretty sure he is correct on "Full Metal Jacket" too. But, I believe the cop badge is actually "RoboCop" though.

So far.. the wings could be anything, but nothing seems to fit perfectly. So what's left.. I think we have come up with some incredible answers!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Robocop sounds good.

I suggested Top Gun because of 'Mighty Wings'.

Is there any way of actually finding out what the images are - after we've gone through them all?

quote:
48 Hours would make sense! haha I'm no good at these games but I give myself credit for trying hahaha I knew it was gonna be something easy.
You always get an 'A' for enthusiasm!
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
logan5.. I'm actually working on that angle right now. I've invited Timo Meyer the graphic designer for the t-shirt to stop by the Rewind.

I'm pretty sure that we have at least 18-20 of the icons figured out..

I want to know the 'Clash of the Top Gun for a Date with the Heavenly Kid' wings icon!

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i thought the badge was robocop as well.

valley, i encourage you to make your own shirts, my husband has made me a few shirts over the years and i love them. one has a skull he drew and it says Zombie Squad, and another that says Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde. sounds cheesy but the shirts are really cool. i have begged him to make me that Bruno-x shirt i've told you about, but who knows how copyrights are....

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Weren't wings part of the emblem of 'Last Starfighter'? I get the impression that these movies are stone-cold classics, so I reckon it's got to be BIG. I'm gonna stick with Top Gun since it's so iconic.

quote:
and another that says Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde
He's trying to tell you something.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

you're so smart, how did you guess? [Roll Eyes]
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home