iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » How many can you name...The Sequel?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many can you name...The Sequel?
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many 80s movies can you name with...

1. Save a damsel in distress

2. Has bad guys chasin the lead character(s)

3. Guy goes for the popular girl but ends up with plane jane geeky one meant for him.

4. psycho/slasher actually gets the lead character

5. Rebels against the system (Eg work/school)

6. Based on a true story (good luck)

7. The plane jane geeky girl is actually hotter than the popular girl.

[ 23. September 2010, 13:20: Message edited by: oneyedwilly ]

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought these were gonna get harder, not easier=p

1. Weird Science

2. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

3. Teen Wolf (though personally, I always thought Boof was way hotter than Pam ever was...so honestly, I think Scott wound up with the hotter chick in the end.)

4. The Horror Show (a.k.a. House III). (Isn't this one a little TOO easy? The psycho killer in pretty much every slasher flick I've seen always has to go after the main character, or you'd have no movie...that is unless of course the psycho killer IS the main character.)

5. The Breakfast Club (yes, I went with the most painfully obvious choice.)

6. Glory

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Save a damsel in distress - king solomon mines

2. Has bad guys chasin the lead character(s) - flash gordon

3. Guy goes for the popular girl but ends up with plane jane geeky one meant for him. - some kind of wonderful

4. Has a psycho/slasher chasing the lead character - the shining

5. Rebels against the system - ferris bueller day off

6. Based on a true story - the entity movie

Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
4. The Horror Show (a.k.a. House III). (Isn't this one a little TOO easy? The psycho killer in pretty much every slasher flick I've seen always has to go after the main character, or you'd have no movie...that is unless of course the psycho killer IS the main character.)

very true pyro ill change it then...have another go at it.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:

4. psycho/slasher actually gets the lead character

4. Psycho killer actually gets lead character - Friday the 13th part II. (Adrienne King, main character from part 1 dies in opening scene.)

...sorry Willy, didn't mean to be a nit-picker...but that was a good change man..defiently had to think on that one more...good all-around list as well.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thats cool pyro...we all need someone to keep us in check and word on the street is your the horror buff...btw did you see Maytrs yet? Im on the look out for some horror so please throw suggestions my way.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
4. Psycho killer actually gets lead character - Friday the 13th part II. (Adrienne King, main character from part 1 dies in opening scene.)

this is the only one i can think of, be interesting to see if atomik can rise to this challenge
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Thats cool pyro...we all need someone to keep us in check and word on the street is your the horror buff...btw did you see Maytrs yet? Im on the look out for some horror so please throw suggestions my way.

True I've seen and own a good amount of horror films...But a "Horror movie Buff?" I wouldn't say I'm quite at that level, at least not yet.

I did actually get around to seeing Maytrs. Yes, I was finally able to hunt it down. I really liked it. It made me wish I could have been there to view it at the 2008 film festival. It was very imaginitive and the gore factor didn't seem tacked on like so many other crappy horror movies were doing at the time. Ans yes, there were even a couple parts that made me giggle. So yeah, I certainly must give you props and thanks for suggesting the movie to me. (You were the one who first mentioned it to me right?)..Sorry, I'm too lazy to hunt down or try to remember which thread it was where this movie was mentioned to me. But anywho, if that was you...Have you got around to seeing Sick Nurses yet?

oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
yeah that was me that suggested it. very original movie and a clever concept. The fact it was in french added to the appeal for me. I did watch a couple you recommended a while ago now but cant remember the names. I will chase down sick nurses by next weekend and get back to you on that one.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How many 80s movies can you name with...

1. Save a damsel in distress - Back to the Future

2. Has bad guys chasin the lead character(s)- Goonies

3. Guy goes for the popular girl but ends up with plane jane geeky one meant for him. - Better off Dead

4. psycho/slasher actually gets the lead character - Man, can't come up with this one

5. Rebels against the system (Eg work/school)- All the Right Moves

6. Based on a true story (good luck)- Night of the Comet....hehehe, ahhh....8 Men Out

7. The plane jane geeky girl is actually hotter than the popular girl.

- Teen Wolf....it's a stretch
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Save a damsel in distress - Mannequin...poor Kim almost landed in the shredder...

2. Has bad guys chasin the lead character(s)- First Blood...them are some bad cops...

3. Guy goes for the popular girl but ends up with plane jane geeky one meant for him - Hmmm...somebody from Revenge of the Nerds had to have done that....

4. psycho/slasher actually gets the lead character - Psycho 2...doesn't norman get the girl once again...I can't remember....

5. Rebels against the system (Eg work/school)- Breakin 2

6. Based on a true story (good luck)- MASK

7. The plane jane geeky girl is actually hotter than the popular girl.- Pretty In Pink (Mean Blondes Are Ugly)

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home