iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Summers of the 80's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summers of the 80's
Hairbands8089
Senior Rewinder
Member # 216

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Hairbands8089   Author's Homepage   Email Hairbands8089   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody post what summer in the 80's meant the most to you, and why. Also what were your favorite songs that were popular that summer.
Posts: 53 | From: South Louisiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaBanana
Rewinder
Member # 41

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnnaBanana   Email AnnaBanana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absotibely posolutely the summer of '84 without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!!

I was turning 18 then and life seemed great. My friend and I still TO THIS DAY talk about how much we loved that summer. It will sound silly to most people but I'll try to explain anyway. I had graduated from high school in '83 so I didn't have to dread school the fall of '84 and had already started my dream job. As far as hanging out, there's the town square (sort of like in Gilmore Girls) where all the kids would hang out every single evening and night and just socialize.
ALL the boys I liked liked me back (THAT stopped happening when I grew up!), we went to concerts (Billy Idol, Thompson Twins, English Beat etc.), and it was just an innocent time. Essentially it was just about puteering around with friends, meeting new ones, being engulfed in our favorite music, flirting, and being young. Movies, the beach, it just seems everything was more fun that summer. Now I'm just sounding dorky I suppose.

"PURPLE RAIN" soundtrack
Billy "Rebel Yell", "Eyes without a Face"
Thomas Dolby "Hyperactive!"
"Lament" Ultravox
Cyndi Lauper "She Bop"
the list goes on......

Posts: 36 | From: Northern California | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaBanana
Rewinder
Member # 41

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnnaBanana   Email AnnaBanana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Puteering"? I mean puttering. ;)
Posts: 36 | From: Northern California | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probly summer of '86.

I was 10, my best friend's mom was my babysitter, so he and I got to hang out everyday. Swimming, riding bikes, buying Alexander the Grape from the ice cream truck. Simple stuff you wish you could have back today.

And Back to the Future had just come out on VHS, and his family watched the HELL out of it, to the point of making me sick. You go up the street to escape it, and our other friend had it running their, too. Little did I realize it would become my all time fave years later.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
AnnaBanana
Rewinder
Member # 41

Member Rated:
I'm bumping this thread up.
*BUMP*!
Come on, doesn't anyone else have any great 80's summers to share???

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really simple:

Summer of '80 - the last time that I was able to take seven weeks off during the summer to do whatever the hell I wanted. And I did!

Summer of '81 - left school. Had money in pocket. Suddenly felt like a grown-up.

Summer of '82 - fell deeply in love (for the first time).

Summer of '83 - turned 18, so no more sneaking into pubs.

Summer of '84 - found purpose in life - sorted out loads of issues regarding religion that had been on my mind for years.

Summer of '85 - the end of three years pursuing the girl mentioned back in '82 (see, I said it was a momentous time)

Summer of '86 - turned 21, and had a *real* blast!

Summer of '87 - Fell deeply in love (for the last time)

Summer of '88 - married the girl mentioned in '87. That was cool, and still is.

Summer of '89 - Finally grew up. Bought my first house, settled down into work, family and leisure, and resolved never to forget the 80s.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Summer of '86. I was around 12 and just had a blast from dusk til dawn! My friends and I would hit the beaches, amusement parks (we did Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, and Raging Waters all in one month. We would skateboard, ride bikes, play football, basketball, and baseball with the entire neighborhood. It was alot of fun.

Songs/Artists: Beastie Boys-Paul Revere/Fight For Your Right To Party, Run DMC-You be Illin, OMD-Don't You Forget About Me, Cover Girls-Show Me, Metallica, Will to Power-Dreamin, Summergirls, Nocera-Summertime.

Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home