iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Savage Streets (1984) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Savage Streets (1984)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Today i finally received the new Savage Streets scandi edition dvd.
I just love the fact that they are releasing this classic stuff here.
JAY LEE, do you already have your copy?

Now hands up all of you who still haven´t seen this masterpiece!

Savage Streets (Original Theatrical Trailer)

Savage Streets Rewind review

-

The amazing soundtrack is very rare
but it´s so good that i could happily spend more than 30$ [Smile]

-

[ 29. February 2012, 00:51: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do indeed [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That´s just what i wanted to hear [Cool]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda Blair in a bathtub! Mmmm mmmmmm!!!
Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess what I know Linda Blair best from??

-

haha

Atomik Savage Streets looks cool...i've never seen it.....i'm gonna have to add it to my wishlist thanks to you [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
OMG! [Smile]

Now we have to create Muffy 2.0 with some serious Linda Blair update.
I have 16 Blair flicks (and going to get 3 more soon) and she always delivers.

Ok, let´s start with Savage Streets.
Getting this movie is your top priority from now on [Cool]

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I share your love of this flick, Atomik. All movies should hope to be this good.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although "Savage Streets" is not my favorite, it is a quintessential 80's exploitation film. It pretty much covers all the bases: revenge plot, sleaze, Linda Blair with a crossbow... [Smile] It's pretty hard to argue with that!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get alerts from Impact Channel when they play new movies and there it was a picture of Linda Blair looking badass and it said what I thought was Savage Streets! I had a heart attack YAY!!! I've never seen this and really want too.........then wait oh nooooooooooooo it's a movie called Savage Island??? How was Linda in 2 movies with Savage in the title in the 80's???

Now has anyone seen Savage Island?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy...if memory serves Savage Island is a rip off, paste up movie that only has Linda in a few scenes tacked on from some other movie.

Here's more from the IMDB...my memory did serve me! LOL

"This "new movie" was cobbled together from scenes of both Orinoco: Prigioniere del sesso (1980) and Femmine infernali (1980) with 10 minutes of new additional footage featuring Linda Blair. The result was an incoherent movie featuring some of the same actors who appeared in both earlier movies disappearing and reappearing as different characters at different points in the story.

Linda Blair did not want her fans to be deceived by what amounted to a cameo part by the actress in this film. She told the Los Angeles Times she had it stipulated in her contract that her name could not be above the movie title, nor in bigger print than anybody else's. The distributors however did feature Linda prominently in the ads and posters: dressed like Sheena (in high heels) and aiming a bazooka, Linda was clearly their drawing card for audiences."

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks Skatex!

I decided not to watch it last night and I guess it's a good thing I didn't....I might try lol because I love the cheesfilled movies on
Impact Channel sometimes to fall asleep too.....I'll let you know when I do.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Never seen Savage Island but i know the history behind the flick.
It must be a really bad movie [Smile] [Smile]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Another tasty Savage Streets poster!

-

[ 29. February 2012, 00:53: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great film atomik,some cool artwork there, especially like the upcoming uk arrow dvd cover,finally releasing it here in the uk uncut,not seen it for a couple of year,didn't realise it was john farnham on the soundtrack let alone that he does a few songs on there,i'm only familiar with his track - your the voice!

[ 14. April 2011, 02:40: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best exploitation movies I know. It's very trashy, but sooo fun... I just love the entire athmosphere it has. Linda Blair rocks!

If anyone knows other good '80s movies that have a somewhat similar feel, please let me know!!!

[ 24. August 2011, 05:45: Message edited by: Burnett ]

Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shall finally see this on Friday. It's on the horror channel here.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helen that's quite a fun film on before it tamara http://youtu.be/9m0vHpAF990 from 2005,i will also be trying to watch savage streets,not watched it for a couple of years but remember liking it,should be shown uncut as well as the dvd recently passed through the censors with no cuts needed!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I'll give that a look then Warrior [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This film won a Razzie for Linda Blair as Worst Actress in addition to her performances in "Night Patrol" and "Savage Island" in 1985.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I liked this. Apart from a couple of really disturbing moments it was just great cheesy fun [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Also added this Finnish tape to the collection.
Did you get that Arrow release, warrior?

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
no,not yet atomik,i had some money given to me for christmas by my wife and relatives for a few films,had a little list of to get movies which included this and slaughter high also released by arrow,but somehow ended up with loose screws blu ray,pale rider blu ray and last boy scout blu ray and renegades on dvd,don't know what happened there but i will get savage streets when it slightly drops in price.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Not bad choices, haven´t seen Renegades yet though.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exclusive to the BCI / Eclipse dvd-release from 2008 is a fold-out leaflet with several different
artwork stills (including one under the title 5 Deadly Angels), as well as the front- and backcover
of the original soundtrack vinyl album.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Now, that sounds like a nice extra, Johnny!

I think that we should post this awesome Medusa Home Video cover art here too.
(Thanks warrior!)

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home