iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Iron Eagle - The Chappy's Jukebox Collection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iron Eagle - The Chappy's Jukebox Collection
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

It is important that when you watch "Iron Eagle" that you suspend reality and just enjoy a kicktassh ride.  This movie is an 80's arcade kid's dream where you get to not only use a flight simulator, but actually fly real F-16s into battle.  

The soundtrack is incredible with a mixture of tunes from Queen, Twisted Sister, Spencer Davis Group, and James Brown that link directly with memorable moments in the film.

-

My favorite scenes in the movie are when "The Eagles" work together to make it possible for Doug Masters (Jason Gedrick) and Chappy Sinclair (Louis Gossett Jr.) to develop a plan to save Doug's dad from execution in a foreign land.  The montage to "We're Not Gonna Take it" is so much fun.  

-

Great list of familar 80's actors/actresses in this flick:  Michael Bowen, Jerry Levine, Shawnee Smith, Larry B. Scott, Melora Hardin, and Tim Thomerson.

But the best finds in this movie are:  Robbie Rist as Milo.. think the dreaded Oliver from "The Brady Bunch".  He was actually quite the unsung hero in "Iron Eagle" with his computer skills.  And Bobby Jacoby as Doug's little brother Matt..  not only has Bobby Jacoby gone on to success as an actor, he is also the real life brother of Billy Jacoby from "Just One of the Guys" and Laura Jacoby from "RAD" and "Valley Girl".

Muffy mentioned this movie in the random dance sequences thread.. who else is going to admit that they are an "Iron Eagle" fan?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Iron Eagle!!!!!! THE REAL 80's FIGHTER JET FLICK! Not that other self important sausage fest with that guy who laughs like a maniac, and prays to aliens.... what's his name again???

Awesome cast, awesome soundtrack and tons of air force flavoured 80's cheese.... gotta love it!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This obviously won't be popular with Jay Lee.. but I'm a fan of Tom Cruise and most of his movies.  While I enjoy "Iron Eagle", I much prefer "Top Gun" in a direct comparison.  Tom Cruise made several 80's movies that I still enjoy to this day... Risky Business, All The Right Moves, Top Gun, C0cktail, and Rain Man to rattle off a few.  I do agree that he created some of the recent backlash because of his beliefs and his actions because of those beliefs.. but the 80's actor Tom Cruise is a legend in my mind.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Jacoby family! and I actually contemplated starting a post about how they are 80's family movie royalty....so many movies I watched recently have one of the Jacobys in them.....and I really liked Iron Eagle!

"CHAPPY!!!"

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the days when it was perfectly acceptable to climax a film by completely shooting up another country's military forces with minimum if any consequences. Still, even with changing mores, it's still quite an enjoyable flick.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iron Eagle totally rules.

-
Gedrick can't hit his targets unless he has his music, so he jacks his walkman into the flight intercom system.
It annoys Gossett Jr. at first, but by the end of the movie, he digs it.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home