iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80'S HORROR! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80'S HORROR!
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Crash....I guess for $4, it might just be something I see for myself....$4 I know doesn't sound like much, but when you buy movies like I do 4 + 4 + 10 + 7 +....starts to add up!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that "The Gates of Hell" is worth your $4. [Smile] I know exactly you feel, my friend! Those lovely, shiny silver discs are like crack--habit forming and hard on the wallet. I don't know how many I have--some are still in the shrink wrap--but I have closets overflowing. And I have closets overflowing with VHS tapes. And a box of old school LaserDiscs, not to mention stuff in MP4 files on computers, thumbdrives, Sony PSP memory sticks, etc.... A friend of mine is always going on and on about "cloud computing" and that soon DVDs will go on the decline like music CDs because folks will just stream or download movies "from the clouds." I don't know about that. Somehow I enjoy having the physical platters of stuff like "I Spit on Your Grave" and "The Sinful Dwarf" with their wonderfully lurid covers scattered around my apartment. It really sets the tone, don't you know? [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Is "The House By The Cemetary" any good...seen it at a second hand store, but wasn't sure about it.....

I didn't care for it. I thought it was kinda dumb.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks petty...I'm convinced on passing. Halloween and Christmas are about the only times I briefly put my typical "only 80's" buying sprees on hold and look to increase my horror and holiday collections. I have about 80 + horror movies and typically increase my collection by 5-10 each Halloween season. Easy enough to target primarily 70's - 80's horror, but I'm not well versed on most of the modern stuff....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Fulci flicks.
Yes those are a little bit dumb sometimes
but always very atmospheric and entertaining.

I need to watch some Fulci stuff,
just noticed that i watched Murder Rock over a year ago.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aTomiK, have you seen Fulci's earlier stuff? A friend of mine gave me an uncut version of "Lizard in a Woman's Skin" a few years ago. It is something else! (It has one scene where the special effects are so good that it got Fulci in trouble with the law for animal cruelty.) "Don't Torture a Duckling" is my favorite, an excellent giallo. And although I have not seen it since I saw it every night for a week back in 1978 when it played the drive-in where I worked, I like "The Psychic," a/k/a "Seven Black Notes." If you look at these three films and compare them to something like "The Gates of Hell" or "Zombie," you'd think that they were directed by two different guys.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havenŽt seen them, but iŽve heard and read about those movies.
IŽll try to get them because this is interesting stuff.
Especially Don't Torture a Duckling.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home