iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Silence of the Heart (1984)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silence of the Heart (1984)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Silence of the Heart is another good made-for-tv teen suicide drama.

The cast is pretty cool:
Charlie Sheen, Elizabeth Berridge, Mariette Hardley, Howard Hesseman, Dana Hill,
Chad Lowe and Alexandra Powers.
Sherilyn Fenn and Casey Siemaszko also have minor roles but you barely see them.
Heartbreaking and strong role from Lowe.

Permanent Record was pretty similiar movie
but this is more from the family point of view.
That said, Sheen as the best friend has to deal with same issues Reeves did in PR.
Thought provoking stuff, guys.

I like this cool Pointer Sisters tune "Jump (for my love)"
which you can hear in the beginning of the flick.

This movie has been released on dvd but i don´t know if it´s still available.

-

[ 27. February 2012, 00:15: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like something I want to see Atomik! there are actually lots of DVD's available really cheap from what I just found so off to my wishlist it goes.

Charlie Sheen has never been a fav of mine.....he just seems so bland....even in Lucas and The Wraith would have been just as great if it was a different actor he didn't make it better.

But Chad Lowe! I always liked him....maybe more then his brother....he was so awesome in the 90's as Jesse on Life Goes On and has anyone seen Nobody's Perfect (1990) honorary 80's??

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´ve always liked Charlie (in movies [Wink] ).
Hey, Nobody's Perfect looks like a funny movie!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Nobody's Perfect' is a cool (and tacky) gender-switch movie.

Atomik, those covers; one looks like an emotional movie-of-the-week drama, and the other looks like a horror!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Atomik, those covers; one looks like an emotional movie-of-the-week drama, and the other looks like a horror!

The Finnish cover is an awesome work of art! Thats the one that makes me want to see the movie...and the pics on the back.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Maybe the artist thought that he is making a painting for horror film [Cool]

One thing i forgot to mention:
There´s one scene which proves that Charlie Sheen is pretty good one-on-one basketball player.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home