iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Howard the Duck

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Howard the Duck
Powerstroke
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 436

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Powerstroke   Author's Homepage   Email Powerstroke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey does anyone know if howard the duck is or is ever gonna be on DVD. Thanks
Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As George "no neck" Lucas is involved with making it I kinda doubt it, he's got bigger films to release on DVD like the Star Wars trilogy, which unfortunately we won't see on official DVD until he's finished episode 3 and even then we may only get the Special Editions because that's how he sees his 'babies'. Personally I hate the SE editions so will be getting the unofficial DVDs of it sometime.

As for HtD it'll probably only ever be put to DVD from the VHS (or laserdisc if it exists?)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Powerstroke
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 436

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Powerstroke   Author's Homepage   Email Powerstroke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish if they ever make Howard the Duck on DVD it will be soon.
As for the SW movies i nerver really liked them, but dont get me wrong i am not trying to get anybody mad if you like thats great

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
kenkobra
Master Rewinder
Member # 892

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kenkobra   Email kenkobra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck sucked big time. One good thing about the movie is Lea Thompson was hot in the movie!!!! I remember the days when girls spent hours doing their hair that way.
Posts: 224 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 1  | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, come on Ken. Howard the Duck was cool. You are right about Lea Thompson looking hot in the movie. I watched this movie all the time as a young child and I still love it.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Powerstroke
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 436

Rate Member
Does anyone know how voiced howard
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to IMDB, it was a couple of guys called Chip Zien and Ed Gale.

BTW I'd like to see it on DVD, or at least rereleased on VHS, cos copies on eBay go for a fortune....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Howard is on my guilty pleasure list. Made me laugh. The ending is the only letdown for me.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McFly wrote:

"The ending is the only letdown for me. "

And of course, the other letdown of not being the duck in the scene when Lea and Howard 'do the duckie' together...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Powerstroke asked:
quote:
Hey does anyone know if "Howard The Duck" is or is ever gonna be on DVD. Thanks.

Don't hold your breath for this. The movie tanked at the box office, and it's probably the kind of movie George Lucas is too embarrassed to talk about. He probably now wishes he had nothing to do with it, so if it ever comes out on DVD, it's gonna be a long wait.

The movie was based upon a Marvel Comics comic strip. Quite frankly, I think I would've liked this movie a lot better if it were completely animated instead of live-action.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on good authority that Howard the Duck will be released on DVD right after The Star Wars Holiday Special.

[walks off giggling]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home