iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Jeep

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jeep
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I am a long time JEEP (CJ, YJ, TJ) fan and have owned 3 of these bad boys to date, One of the reasons that I love them is that when I was growing up in merry old England in the 80's the Jeep seem to feature in an awful lot of Movies and as such became a bit of cult classic in its own right so what I would like to know is how many 80's movies did it feature that you can think of [Smile]

MM

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Platoon
Biloxi Blues
Short Circuit
Commando
Private Benjamin
Wargames
Romancing The Stone

Those are immediate thoughts - basically there was a fad for movies with a military theme or the influence of a military organization. And as most of these were US Military, they used Jeeps.

I'm tempted to say that the military theme was more of a cult than the actual vehicles, these kinda came as part of the package. Had those movies been made in the UK, you'd own a series of Land Rovers, Toyota Landcruisers, or similar by now, I'd guess.....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_wistles
Rewind Curious
Member # 9041

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mr_wistles   Email mr_wistles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget The Goonies "Trusted your old mother boys!!!!"

I used to own one of them. Drunk petrol like it was going out of fashion.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mire Mare   Email Mire Mare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok non military:

Fright Night:

-

Road House:

-

The Terminator:

-

Spies Like Us:

-

MM

Goonies was a Jeep Cherokee not a CJ or YJ think Daisy Duke:

-

[ 26. July 2010, 12:01: Message edited by: Mire Mare ]

Posts: 165 | From: Coventry, United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The video to the song 'I Owe You Nothing' by Bros:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF-kezGy8Vs

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan, is it true that they are pronounced 'Bross' like gloss?
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
No like TOSS or DROSS, blonde fools aside I beleive they where mincing around in a JEEP CJ-7 (76-86) "Renegade" edition.

No seat belts either nice one lads!

MM

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Logan, is it true that they are pronounced 'Bross' like gloss?
Matt and Luke Goss - 'Bros'. Yep, pronounced 'Bross'.

quote:
No like TOSS or DROSS
And this.

quote:
blonde fools aside I beleive they where mincing around in a JEEP CJ-7 (76-86) "Renegade" edition.
Blonde from a bottle, and posing was what they did best. Good to see there's still a little hatred out there for the twins!

Remember the t-shirts "Matt and Luke make me puke"?

I can no longer dislike them the way I did in the 80's. They were the last big British pop group of the glorious 80's before everything became all dancey, 'street' and 90's.

quote:
No seat belts either nice one lads!
Probably the last years they could get away with that. By the 90's it was a big no-no.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Return of the Living Dead Part 2

St. Elmos Fire:

-

Back to the Future:

-

Iron Eagle:

-

Short Circuit:

-

War Games:

-

Cobra:

-

MM

[ 26. July 2010, 12:06: Message edited by: Mire Mare ]

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mire Mare:
[picture of Daisy Duke]

This thread just got a whole lot more interesting [Wink]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
The sure thing:

-

MM

DangerousThunder
Rewind Curious
Member # 9016

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DangerousThunder   Email DangerousThunder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Friday The 13th (1980) Mrs. Voorhees (Betsy Palmer) drove a Jeep.
Posts: 8 | From: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Was it this one:

-

Friday the 13th Part 2:

-

[ 22. August 2010, 08:08: Message edited by: Mire Mare ]

Mire Mare
Master Rewinder
Member # 5900

Member Rated:
Like Father Like Son:

-

Fletch Lives:

-

Johnny Be Good:

-

Earth Girls Are Easy:

-

Virus:

-

Adventures in Babysitting:

-

Creepshow:

-

[ 22. August 2010, 08:04: Message edited by: Mire Mare ]

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They furthermore turn up in the following films:

Defense Play
Firewalker
Fire with Fire
Honky Tonk Freeway
Hot Pursuit
Satisfaction
Stacy's Knights
When Time Run Out...
White Fire

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home