iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » PLEASE, help me identify the movie!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE, help me identify the movie!!!
squiwwel
Rewind Curious
Member # 9034

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for squiwwel   Email squiwwel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I am looking for a 80's movie and I have no idea what the name of it is!
It stars a kid who looks very like Fred Savage but, I've been through his iMDB and none of his movies match.
The very basic plot (from what I can remember), is that there are group of kids and they get bullied in their neighbourhood. They then meet someone who (I think) kind of army trains them, and then they get their own back. One of the kids (the Fred Savage lookalike) drives a kids pedal car all the way through the movie.
There is one memorable scene that comes to mind. The good kids have water pistols and when they come face to face with the bullies, the bullies ask "What's in the gun?" They then shoot the bullies with what appears to be water with the reply "****" lol.
Please help!!!
It's driving me crazy!!!
Many Thanks
Lee

Posts: 2 | From: Essex, UK | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure it's not The Boy Who Could Fly? There's a subplot in that movie involving Fred Savage that sounds like what you're describing.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,
That is The Boy Who Could Fly.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhhhhh i know the movie ur talkin about but dont know the name. Its got the kid in it from national lampoons vacation - the one who plays a bit part squeezing the hand grip saying his mate taught him a trick (masterbating), has it got randy quaid?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dedred
Rewind Curious
Member # 8092

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dedred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should definatley be "The boy who could fly" (1986) In the sub-plot Fred Savages character is about 5-ish, obsessed with army games and toys, & he rides round on a small tri-cycle and gets bullied by older kids and plans to get them back with his army tactics lol.

(Bully) So, you thought you could get around the block hu?

(F Savage) Go ahead, make my day.

(Bully) Oh, im supposed to be scared of a water pistol?

(F Savage) Theres no water in this gun.

(Bully) So, whats in it?

(F Savage) P**S!

As he then peddles away as fast as he can [Cool]

Posts: 7 | From: Oxford, England | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds very much like 'The Boy Who Could Fly'.
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
squiwwel
Rewind Curious
Member # 9034

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for squiwwel   Email squiwwel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much guys!!!
I'm now off out to buy the boy who could fly LOL

Posts: 2 | From: Essex, UK | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home