iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » PIZZA MOVIES ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PIZZA MOVIES ???
pizzamat
Rewind Curious
Member # 1029

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for pizzamat   Email pizzamat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am writing a book about PIZZA and am looking for movies that have someting to do with pizza. for example THE SURE THING, MYSTIC PIZZA or DO THE RIGHT THING are such movies. can somebody help me and tell me about other movies with pizza? thank you very much.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
pizzamat
Rewind Curious
Member # 1029

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for pizzamat   Email pizzamat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, i forgot LOVERBOY, of course.

by the way: anyone helping me will be mentioned in my book :-)
(it will be written in german language and there will be a web site www.pizzamat.de)

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
Delivery Boys (1984)
Pizza-Express (1988)
Pizza Runners (1996)
Prayer of the Rollerboys (1991)
Russian Pizza Blues (1992)
Small Time Crooks (2000)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gleaming the Cube (1989) (Tony Hawk as a Pizza-Hut delivery guy, the truck plays an instrumental role in the rescue)

Reality Bites (1993) The gang is obsessed with pizza when they are stoned, and includes a montage of people saying that pizza is the answer to life

Feds (1988) Rebecca De Mornay wins a Pizza-Eating contest against some Fat guy.

Hope this Helps,

Ron Storie

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
pizzamat
Rewind Curious
Member # 1029

Rate Member
Thanx guys, more movies than i expected. You just found your way into the credits of my little pizza book. and i have to watch some movies :-)
take care
jan

noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let us know when and where we can get a copy

My email:

noblprz@yahoo.com

Thanks,

RON

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pizzmat:

Also include Spike Lee's controversial 1989 movie, "Do The Right Thing". The movie's story mostly centers around a pizza place, but in the end, is burned down.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
How Could I forget "Barry Gordy's The Last Dragon"

Just directa yo' feetsa to Daddy Greene's Pizza!

--RON

pizzamat
Rewind Curious
Member # 1029

Rate Member
Thanx to all of you.
We are right now designing the book. Check www.pizzamat.de in the next months. Right now it only points to my company's page. But when my book will be finished there will be the information how to get a copy of the book. Take care. Jan

Material girl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Material girl   Email Material girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs.
Posts: 69 | From: Somewhere in Middle America | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Death_By_Stereo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 141

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Death_By_Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget The 'Burbs!
Corey Feldman: "You can't leave now! This is the best part! I just called the pizza dude!" and when said "pizza dude" arrives, his van crashes, and several pizza boxes fall out of the van.

and Home Alone when Buzz eats Kevin's cheese pizza...and later on in the movie when Kevin scares the pizza delivery guy with the "Angels With Filthy Souls" audio.

and Goonies! when Jake and Francis Fratelli fight over the pepperoni pizza...and at the end of the movie, Chunk's family give him a Domino's Pizza

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
EnglishRose
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 175

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EnglishRose   Email EnglishRose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be a tenuous link but what about ET? The guys all sent out for pizza and this ends up on the floor when Elliot gets scared by ET. ET then eats it - first extra terrestrial to eat a pizza??
Posts: 23 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home