iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Evil Dead Blu-ray (Bruce Campbell fans?)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Evil Dead Blu-ray (Bruce Campbell fans?)
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Five friends go to a cabin in the woods for a vacation. They discover The Book of the Dead and a tape recorder belonging to a professor, who also owns the cabin. One of them plays back what is recorded on the tape-- which just happens to be Candarian resurrection passages translated from the Necronomicon (Book of the Dead) by the professor, which unleashes an evil force from the woods. The people start turning into evil deadites, and the others soon learn from the tape that the only way to kill a person who is turned into a deadite is by total body dismemberment.

Anchor Bay Entertainment has revealed the full details for the Blu-ray release of Sam Raimi's The Evil Dead, which as previously reported will come out on August 31. The BD will include not one, but two new HD transfers (one in 1.85:1 and the other in the original, director-composed 1.33:1), personally supervised by Raimi, accompanied by a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio track. 

Most of the bonus features, released on previous DVD editions, will once again be available on a special, limited edition DVD included with the Blu-ray. 

Special features include:

On the Blu-ray:
All-new audio commentary with writer/director Sam Raimi, producer Robert Tapert and star Bruce Campbell

On the special-features DVD:
One By One We Will Take You: The Untold Saga of The Evil Dead
The Evil Dead: Treasures from the Cutting Room Floor
The Ladies Of The Evil Dead Meet Bruce Campbell
Book of The Dead: The Other Pages
Discovering The Evil Dead
Unconventional
At The Drive-In

This movie made me a fan of Bruce Campbell and I've followed his career ever since.  My fav Campbell movies are of course The Evil Dead I & II, Army of Darkness, Bubba Ho-tep, and Terminal Invasion.  I really enjoy when Bruce Campbell shows up in bit parts in mainstream movies as well.  You have to give credit to Bruce's high school pal Sam Raimi for never forgetting where it all started and who his true friends are in life.

Bring it The Evil Dead fans!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
L O V E Bruce Campbell and L O V E Sam Raimi
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen it for a while but loved the atmosphere. Had some really creepy parts-like when one of the women starts predicting the cards and then zombies out. A little over the top on the claymation at the end. Parts 2 and 3 were great too.
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as a huge fan of 80's gore flicks, evil dead I & II are two of the best.

bruce campbell rules. long live briscoe county jr!

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This comes out on Blu-ray today 8/31.. anyone thinking about picking it up? I'm intrigued, but don't know if I'm truly a big enough fan to part with the coin involved.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffany
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9077

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Tiffany   Email Tiffany   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a huge fan of the Evil Dead trilogy!! I love anything Sam Raimi does but this is the film that got me started. It has a cult following for a reason so definitely worth watching in my opinion.
Posts: 74 | From: Nova Scotia Canada | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, fall is coming. And as the kids get back to school and the leaves start to change, we know that it's that time of year when Anchor Bay releases yet another "Evil Dead" series package designed to suck coin from those wonderful films' many devoted fans. These films must hold the record for most releases. OK, so this is the new Blu Ray version, but still, come on now: By my count, we've had the DVD version, the "Special Edition," the "Book of the Dead" version with the stinky rubber packaging, and the "Ultimate Edition" (and I'm sure that I'm missing a release or two in there). I say, "Enough!" Anchor Bay needs to stop. They should buy the rights to some films that have not been released to DVD ("Wavelength" perhaps?) rather than scam folks with yet another tired old "Dead" series repackaging.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home