iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Back To The Future Trilogy Blu-ray

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back To The Future Trilogy Blu-ray
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

It finally became official last week that the much anticipated "Back To The Future" Trilogy is set to release on Blu-ray on October 26th.

Here is the incredible list of extras that are planned:

U-Control (BD-exclusive):
Setups & Payoffs: As you watch each of the three films, each "set up" showcases items in the scene that prepare you for a future plot point. When you get to that moment in the film, the "payoff" is shown to complete the correlation.

Storyboard Comparison: Compare key scenes in the movie with the original storyboards.

Trivia Track: Get inside trivia and facts while you watch the movies
Q&A commentaries with director Robert Zemeckis and producer Bob Gale
Feature commentaries with producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton

Back to the Future Night: hosted by Leslie Nielson, this original 30-minute special aired on NBC prior to the first television screening of the Back to the Future (new, BD-exclusive)

Tales from the Future: new six-part retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Director Robert Zemeckis, Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton, plus Executive Producer Steven Spielberg*
In the Beginning...: Delve into the genesis of the project, casting, re-casting, the DeLorean, sets and overall pre-production.

Time to Go: Production stories through the release of the first film.
Keeping Time: The score and the songs of the Back to the Future Trilogy.
Time Flies: Learn more about how the sequel came about, the futuristic look, the special and visual effects, recreating 1955 and more.
Third Time's the Charm: Learn about building a western town, Doc Brown's love story, the casting of Mary Steenburgen, the train sequence and completing the Trilogy.

The Test of Time: Back to the Future becomes a phenomenon! President Reagan quotes the film, the Back to the Future ride opens at Universal Studios theme park and fans rebuild the iconic DeLorean. The film's cast and crew take a look back and discuss why these beloved movies live on.
The Physics of Back to the Future: A discussion with celebrity best-selling author and physicist Dr. Michio Kaku about the overall appreciation of the science in the Back to the Future Trilogy*

Nuclear test site ending storyboard sequence: Storyboard sequence of the original proposed ending of the film.*

Sixteen deleted scenes

Michael J. Fox Q&A

Archival featurettes:

Making the Trilogy: Chapters One, Two & Three: Original 2002 DVD documentary that takes a look back in time.
The Making of Back to the Future Part I, II & III: Provides a vintage and historic first look at the making of all three films.

The Secrets of the Back to the Future Trilogy: a televised special hosted by Kirk Cameron addressing fans unanswered Back to the Future questions.

Behind-the-scenes:
Outtakes
Original makeup tests
Production design
Storyboarding
Designing the DeLorean
Designing time travel
Hoverboard test
Designing Hill Valley
Designing the campaign
Back to the Future: The Ride

Music Videos:
Huey Lewis and the News "Power of Love"
ZZ Top "DoubleBack"
Photo galleries, including production art, additional storyboards, photographs, marketing materials and character portraits
Theatrical trailers
BD-Live
My Scenes

pocket BLU: USHE's pocket BLU app uses iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Blackberry, Android, Windows and Macintosh computers and more to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player and offers advanced features such as:

Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.

Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in their favorite episode.

Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there's a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.

Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.

Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray player with your device's easy and intuitive keyboard.

Count me in!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Eric Stoltz scenes? Would that be too much to ask?!

Looks good. No Blu-Ray player yet, no hi-def TV. Maybe when the Star Wars trilogy comes out.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give them a huge pat on the back for all this. Throw in the NBC X Night at the Movies intro for the night of the world premiere (should be easy if they think of it given this is of course NBC/Universal releasing this a copyrights could be easily cleared), and it would be absolutely perfect.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely getting it!

i have to double check, but the regular dvd trilogy has some of these features. don't remember which ones. i have gone through 2 three packs of this trilogy because my daughter watched them so much..the discs for parts 1 and 2 stopped working.
(she even watches part 3!)

thanks for the info, val...can't wait to own this one. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in...though I wish they wouldn't bunch them together...would like part one only...saying this even though I've owned all three on DVD for some time...I've actually never seen parts 2 or 3....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Where we're going, we don't need roads."

I will definitely be buying this!

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes Im getting this, Question is, is this for the UK as well

Can't Beleive, This film is now 25Yrs old, Birthday was the 3rd July, But I know you guys Know that already.

Big Question, is Can we get a future as portrayed in Back to the future 2, I would Love a hoverboard, and flying cars, Hey Its only 5 Yrs away now. We all know it was set in 2015 [Smile]

[ 07. July 2010, 11:52: Message edited by: Cowboy10uk ]

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I'm not paying 40K for a hover conversion, period. On the other side, at least we won't have to worry about our lawyers cheating us anymore soon.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to get an high def tv like now.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading the info below.. all I can say is that I'm stoked for BTTF on Blu-ray..

During an interview on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Back to the Future, Bob Gale, BTTF creator, producer and co-writer, said he had seen the movie projected days ago and he thought "it looks so good, so much better than it did in 1985", when it opened in theaters.

He further explained: "When they did the remastering for the Blu-ray they spent over 400 hours doing dirt cleanup, and almost another 200 hours doing color correction, so the movie looks better than it ever did." When a film is shown at the theater, "you have the print going through the projector, it picks up dirt, gets scratched and with the digital technology these guys fixed almost all of that stuff, and it just looks breathtaking."

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Where's Earth Angel when you need her?

I'm seriously considering going to this:

weregoingback.com

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool find, Valley. That 25th anniversary week looks amazing.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home