iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Are these movies any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are these movies any good?
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a big list of 80s (and some 70s) horror movies I've never seen. I have them on my Netflix que and was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they're any good or not? Here's my list...

Witchboard
Waxwork 2 (I know we talked about this before)
Christmas Evil
Puppet Master (I've seen most of the sequels but never the original)
The Prowler
Silent Scream
Toolbox Murders (I've seen the remake)
Dark Heritage
Don't Open Until Christmas
Bloody New Year
Mirror, Mirror 2 (I've seen the first one)

Any help would be appreciated!

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of those I like (and would recommend)

WITCHBOARD
THE PROWLER and
SILENT SCREAM

I have them all on DVD

Ive never seen TOOLBOX MURDERS or DARK HERITAGE and the other ones on the list I just did not care for.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd never actually heard of Dark Heritage.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pettyfan.. from your list I'd definitely start with "Witchboard"..

btw.. has anyone else seen "Witchboard 2" with Ami Dolenz?

[ 09. June 2010, 13:20: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty i can only vouch for witchboard and would recommend you watch it. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I own Witchboard 2 but haven´t watched it yet because i don´t have the original...
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw WITCHBOARD 2 a million years ago when it first came out on video. Dont remember much except Ami Dolenz was in it and my best frineds had the hots for her.

Not as memorable as the first one.

BY THE WAY...and this is a shout out for even people who DONT like Horror movies...WITCHBOARD is TOTALLY 80s! My God, the hair and fashions ALONE are worth the rental fee! And it stars Tawny Kitaen: How 80s is THAT?! So yeah, I highly recommend that one.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And let's not forget that "Witchboard" has Patch from "Days of Our Lives" fame..
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Witchboard was good. I don't think I have seen the others, except maybe Puppetmaster. Let us know what you think of them petty!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Witchboard comes tomorrow...
pettyfan
Member # 2260

I watched Witchboard this afternoon. I really liked it! I'm not sure why I waited so long to see it but I'm glad I did.
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's awesome, petty! you going to check out the others from your list as well?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Yeah, they're all in my que, so eventually I'll get to them.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home