iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Out Of Bounds (Anthony Michael Hall)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Out Of Bounds (Anthony Michael Hall)
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any good?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some may say yes, but I lean towards the "no" camp.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Out of Bounds" is an excellent flick! I was actually planning on starting a thread about it soon, but this one will work..

-

Roy Gaddis ranks as one of the most wicked bad guys of the 80's in my opinion. Just his looks make me want to run!

"Out of Bounds" was the first time I had seen Anthony Michael Hall in a serious role and thought he killed it.

And I totally loved his older brother's house with the hidden room. I thought that was a cool feature that I wish my older brother had when I visited him.

Jenny Wright is probably best known for "Near Dark" and possibly "The Wild Life", but some folks think that Dizz is actually her best performance.

Also, fun to see Jerry Levine in a different role. He will always be Stiles from "Teen Wolf" to me, but he holds his own as Marshall in this movie.

And finally.. if you are fan of Siouxsie and the Banshees you will love a club scene where they perform the tune "Cities In Dust".

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siouxsie Sioux, what a babe! :heart:
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of Bounds rocks!
Well, let´s say that any movie featuring Night Ranger and Y&T tunes on the soundtrack rocks!

Director Richard Tuggle made only two movies Tightrope (1984) and Out of Bounds (1986),
both of them good stuff.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie, it has a bunch of my favorite things, Roy Gaddis, Siouxsie and Jenny Wright, can't go wrong. Also some of the fashions were cool, it was like Modern Girls fashions with some the 80's street movies I love.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hang Ten
Rewind Curious
Member # 8934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hang Ten   Email Hang Ten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This needs a DVD release. My VCR just busted.
Posts: 7 | From: The Beach | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a lonely world being me. This and 'Running Hot' are firmly in my "didn't enjoy" file. Maybe I was in the wrong mood?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out Of Bounds is great! One of my favorite "lost" movies of 1986! Action packed, way cool music and fashion. Bad guy gets his, hero gets the girl, Siouxsie and The Banshees in a club......What's not to like about this movie other than the fact it's NOT AVAILABLE ON LEGIT DVD!!!!!!!!

My copy is from a Starz preview weekend back in the late 80's. It's decent quality but I want a DVD!

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this last night and I really liked it! almost for all the reasons Valley did!

L.A. in the 80's so much visual 80'sness I wanted to die. [Smile] His older bros hidden room idea was awesome!

Jenny Wright was great as the "quirky" chick....haha her place was so cool.....there is no way she could afford that haha

Roy Gaddis creeps the **** out of me too.

Siouxsie was great..........soundtrack was great....I know the score was from Stewart Copeland but I noticed the songs more then I did the score.

I enjoyed it all around.

I wrote this on the Modern Girls thread:
"I wanna know when they get out of the car in the rain and that famous mural of the classic movie stars in the theater? is that still there? it's featured in alot of movies isn't it?"

and it was in this movie too.........someone tell me what it is? It's gotta be in L.A. is it still around? I can't even google a pic of it.....Marilyn,Charlie Chaplin and many others sitting in a theater???

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found it!

It's still there and it's called You are the Star
on Hollywood Blvd since 1983 [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pork pie mcfly

Member # 6802

54 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for pork pie mcfly   Email pork pie mcfly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanted to watch this for some time now...but will wait to see if it ever gets a DVD release?
Posts: 235 | From: Hill Valley | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 54  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy.. so cool that you got to watch "Out of Bounds" .. such a hidden gem. Neat that you enjoyed it for some of the same reasons as I do.

mcfly.. it totally needs a DVD release, but I've not heard any encouraging news as of late.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I have a copy of this...a transfer of a VHS to DVD-R. I've made a few attempts to watch it and every time I do, I either fall asleep or something distracts me! I really want to give it a fair chance cause I enjoy Michael Hall and Jenny Wright...The fact that a Muffy & Valley give it stellar reviews is proof enough that's it's good [Smile] !! I trust you guys!! This will get a viewing soon!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
try it miss.........I really did enjoy it.....the music was great........and I really liked Hall in a different 80's role.
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw this on the Sony Movie Channel. Loved it

The action and suspense never stop and the bad guy is such an evil jerk, there is nothing he will not do.

Anthony Michael Hall should have just turned himself in right away. Then he would not have hooked up with Dizz and get to kick some ***.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw this one on Sony Movie Channel as well, I thought it wasn't bad but it seemed like some characters were a little too under devoloped and as a whole the movie left me with a lack luster feeling.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dutch Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 10167

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dutch Gannon   Email Dutch Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p.s really liked the Diz character, probably the best of the film.
Posts: 168 | Registered: Nov 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home