iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Lesser Known Horror Gems: Terror Train

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lesser Known Horror Gems: Terror Train
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It stars Jamie Lee Curtis and true dat, it may not be making anyone forget about HALLOWEEN anytime soon, but I gotta say, I like this movie!

Anyone?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely not as timelessly spooky like Halloween but much better than Prom Night!

-

[ 28. May 2010, 14:44: Message edited by: Veronica Sawyer ]

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm a huge jamie lee fan. she's been in quite a few good horror movies.

i saw terror train not too long ago for the first time in a very long time and i still enjoyed it.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was okay. Not as good as Prom Night, but decent.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched Terror Train and i liked it a lot!
Great old school horror.

I didn´t know that Vanity was in this so it´s was nice to see her.
David Copperfield was also cool doing his tricks.

I´m also a Jamie Lee fan and she was once again very good.
I´ve never seen her ´81 flick Roadgames but own the dvd
so i just might watch that one next.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember "Terror Train" playing on late night HBO.  Always loved the premise where the killer dons the different costumes of the victims. The first costume the killer wears is notably effective. With the killer's expressionless eyes...it's particularly unsettling and quite creepy.

Setting the costume party onboard a moving train is also kinda frightening, since there's nowhere for anyone to go. Great shots of the train moving along the snowy landscape. I've seen this movie several times and it never fails to entertain!

Great mention Mamamia!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earl Keese
Master Rewinder
Member # 7986

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earl Keese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right, I love this movie and don't know why it didn't do better back then. I loved the premise of putting it on a train (this idea is ripe for a reboot even if it isn't exactly the same).

Love Jamie Lee Curtis. Love the senior class trip/party/barely adult supervised/Let's go nuts and do anything vibe. Man you just don't get that anymore.

Also, I think this was the one where they put the geek in bed with the cadaver and he went completely bonkers and was spinning around caught in the sheet on the bed in his tighty whities screaming until it became like this psychotic break terrifying growl/scream...yeah...pretty creepy. [Eek!]

Posts: 253 | From: ILLINOIS | Registered: May 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. Thats ceens in the beginning of the movie.
No wonder he killed them . I would have killed them too for pulling the bait and switch and promising Jamie and then giving me Dead Girl!

I think they DID remake this movie and called it TRAIN? But just like the APRIL FOOLS DAY remake I stay clear away.

Of course PROM NIGHT and ROADGAMES are good too. I especially love PROM NIGHT cuz its one of the first horror movies I ever saw. They played it on TV and I taped it and watched it over and over again.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home