iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » movies that were SO bad, that they are funny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: movies that were SO bad, that they are funny
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently caught a late night movie one saturday about 5 weeks ago which made me laugh so much because it was really that bad...im talking about death wish 3. It was just awful, so awful i simply have to buy it. The dialogue, the plot, the ...well everything really. What 80s movies have you seen which are just so terrible that they become a must see for all of us. Please share.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Road House would be an obvious choice, with Dalton's whole mantra being a joke in it's own right, spouting that violence never solves anything, then happily and literally ripping the bad guys' throats out (and of course we should all take comfort that pain don't hurt). Everyone's acting's so far over the top they land feet first on the other side, the characters are cardboard cutouts, and the action scenes owe more than a little to Tex Avery whether intentionally or not. And yet, you still can't help watching and be entertained even though it's clear 10 minutes into the film exactly how it's going to end, beat for beat.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing Kelly Lynch take her clothes off was reason enough to watch Road House.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never been qutie comfortable with the "So bad it's good" label for movies. I understand the meaning, but if it's so bad, it's good, then, in my book, it's good, and stopped being bad, even though it may lack artistic vision or whatever.

If i am entertained to a certain level, then it was a good movie for me. Doesn't mean im blind to any possible shortcomings that it may have, but it met, or perhaps exceeded, my expectations, and kept me entertained. And that is enough for me.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some good Horror ones:

PIECES
THE PIT
SLEEPAWAY CAMP (and its sequels)
SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT
TROLL n TROLL 2

In my opinion horror has the 'best' bad pictures!

I love this old school 70s exploitation flick called SWITCHBLADE SISTERs, but I dont know if that ones so bad its good or legitimately good. Its tacky in the way those Blaxpoitation flicks like COFFY were, so theres a lot of fun top be had, and a lot of "oh no they dint just GO there!" moments

Is DEATH WISH 3 the one where the young kids are on drugs? That one was a hoot!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved 'Troll'!

'Switchblade Sisters' rules! "If you go it'll be bad!"

The single best movie which is in fact 'terrible' so it makes you laugh is...

'Deadly Prey'! Don't take my word for it - watch it!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I every once and awhile can hear Lace in my head: "It'll be baaaaaaaad" I used to watch that movie once a week til my husband stopped the madness.

DEADLY PREY, huh? Dont think I saw that one (yet).

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would categorize Deadly Prey as "So bad it's bad"!
Amusing, yes. but on a novelty level with whoopee cushions and fake plastic dog turds.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuff Turf

More good than bad, if you can get past the horrible body double dancing. Jim Carroll is awesome, and James Spader at the piano....ok I tried to type something that sounded sincere about that scene, but I just couldn't do it!

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rawhide Rex (1986):

-

The Stuff (1985):

-

These are a couple of the best Awesomely Bad 80's movies I own. They're So Bad that I love them.

[ 27. May 2010, 10:07: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pyro, they look hilarious. And logan your right -
deadly prey is just awful. Its one ive seen only a couple of times, the first time i was young and saw it again about a couple of yrs ago and just laughed at it.

some of the shark attack type movies as of late are terrible - i saw huge octopus and shark the other day and its just ridiculous.

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
The 'sad' thing about TUFF TURF is its an "almost" movie. With a little tweaking that movie could have been good! Ive had an overwhelming urge to watch it lately! That scene where they sneak into the country club was fun I thought. Oh well. Ive always had the hots for James Spader so maybe Im just cuttin him slack here. hahahaha

But if were gonna talk BAD we might as well mention The Titans: PLAN 9 FROM OUTERSPACE and MANOS:HANDS OF FATE (not 80s movies though). These two are thought to be the worst of the worst. But which is "worse"?
Personally I ENJOY MANOS (own a copy? Try TWO! The regular and the MST3K version too!) whereas I was just bored stupid by PLAN 9. It was bad, but not 'funny bad'.

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Food of the Gods 2.

This Canadian horror regarding immense, mutated rats who frighten a university besides its facilities is one instance.

Highlights include Bobby the giant, foul-mouthed, violent child, Dr. Neil Hamilton's nightmare about his copulating with one of his students while growing to colossal proportions and the rats attacking the crowd at the swimming competition being held at the new sports complex.

"And I want you to get the f**k outta here!"

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
action jackson
Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

definitely the howling 2 - i had stomach ache from laughing so hard when i first watched this with a group of my mates way back when it was first released!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man there are a lot of these. Some that come of the top my head are:

The deadly spawn
Creepies
Dr. Alien
Sorority babes in the slimeball bowl-o-rama
CHUD
1990:The Bronx warriors

I think the one I think of most is Frankenhooker, because it's as bad as you imagine it. Also, pretty much an Linnea Quigley movie too.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home