iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fade To Black - Rewind Style

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fade To Black - Rewind Style
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Eric Binford is an obsessed movie geek who spends endless late nights watching movies all alone. His obsession eventually turns into psychosis after he crosses paths with Marilyn O'Connor, a Marilyn Monroe look-alike who becomes the physical embodiment of his cinematic desires.

When unintentionally stood up on what he believed would be their first date, Eric becomes homicidally unbalanced, transforming himself into a gallery of classic movie characters - including Dracula, The Mummy, Hopalong Cassidy, and Norman Bates - and sets out on a murderous quest to destroy his supposed enemies.

"Fade To Black" is an interesting movie and Dennis Christopher who played such a quirky character in "Breaking Away" is outstanding as Eric.

But here's the real reason for this thread:

Look.. we all fit the profile of the movie geek that might be a bit too involved in our passion for 80's flicks. So I thought it would be cool to put a twist on this movie's premise.

Totally hypothetically speaking of course.. but if you had to choose four 80's movie characters to settle the score for you.. Who would you choose?

(you can get creative with this thing.. here are my examples)

1. The Obvious - Freddy Krueger from "A Nightmare on Elm Street"

2. The Totally Wicked - John Ryder from "The Hitcher"

3. The Cerebral - Khan from "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"

4. The Defending Champ - Johnny Lawrence from "The Karate Kid"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Blob.

The Fog.

The Thing.

I need no fourth. Everybody dies.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've vaguely heard of this movie..the plot sounds familiar.....so I imdb'd it and it's 1980 huh? I don't think I know it at all. I may need to track it down. I'm not so familiar with the earlier 80's since I was only 3 in 1980.

I love horror movie but your question is a hard one Valley......How about I go the funny route and pick Beetlejuice. I'd love to mess with my enemies with a little song and dance maybe morphing into something funky.......then i'd marry Beetlejuice and go away with him unlike Lydia!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy.. I like your Beetlejuice song and dance idea. But.. uh.. how hard can my question be? I picked Johnny Lawrence.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok i'm thinking..........hmmmm

1. Beetlejuice
2. Freddy cause he scared me as a kid badddddddd.
3. Katherine from Working Girl for all the witches at work to deal with.
4. How about a Critter for a nasty little munchkin to sick on my enemies

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Don't you think it'd be fun throwing these at your enemies??
 -

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in no particular order:

1. James Spader from Pretty In Pink
2. James Spader from Less Than Zero
3. James Spader from The New Kids
4. James Spader from Mannequin

Things are gonna get real rough, real quick.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time but it's out of print (as far as I know)...

My choices would be...

1. William Zabka in Just one of the guys ("Just what we need, another tulip.")
2. Pamela Springteen in Sleepaway Camp 2 ("If it's any consolation, you almost made it.")
3. Christian Slater in Heathers ("The extreme always seems to make an impression....")
4. The clown from Poltergeist (I HATE clowns...)

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lisa from "Weird Science"

Sloth from "The Goonies"

David from "The Lost Boys"

Punjab from "Annie"

Honorable mention....Billie Jean!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this film [Smile]

Razorback from, erm, Razorback
Ginger kid from Children Of The Corn
Henry from Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
ED-209 from Robocop

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Terminator
2.  -
3. The Loc-Nar
4. Ash

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised no one picked Buddy Revell from Three O'Clock High.

-

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic Valley! Fade to Black is one of those titles that has eluded me thus far. It was on my radar a while back but forgot about it.

Here's my list. Please forgive me for not knowing some of the actors names.

1. The Stay Puff Marshmellow man-Ghostbusters
2. The bad guy in out of Bounds-intense and scary!
3. Nick Hauser-Tuff Turf
4. Any Ghoulies or Gremlins with the exception of Gizmo.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Riptide.. Nick Hauser and the bad guy from "Out of Bounds".. love it!

Secret Admirer - I actually thought of Buddy Revell.. but in the end he was all hype and not much follow through.

Bamersy.. that picture is enough for me.

kev.. Lisa from "Weird Science".. don't mess with her because you might end up catatonic in a closet.

TBNM4U - is that the movie filmed in Australia with Gregory Harrison?

Veronica.. in the end .. wasn't Greg Tolan the real tulip? ha

logan5.. The Fog Blob Thing

[ 04. May 2010, 07:47: Message edited by: Valley ]

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's the one.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol @ Nick=cerebral [Smile]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Mr Norris, Class of 1984
2. T-800, Terminator
3. Sosa, Scarface
4. Darth Vader, Empire Strikes Back

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home