iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Making The Grade (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Making The Grade
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i finally watched this movie and waited until afterwards to actually read this entire thread haha.

quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Jona Lee's poutty voice bugged me.....she was pretty but her acting and that voice ehhhh........the fortune cookie scene was cute.

Muffy, i share your thoughts on Tracey 100%. i can see why the guys like her but man, she was boring.

Judd Nelson was awesome. part Bender, part preppy. [Big Grin]

i cracked up at the fact that there was a character named Muffy and a character named Skip in this.. those 2 names seem to exist often in 80s movies and shows haha!

i loved the Coach! and actually the entire supporting cast was great....the guys, anyway. it was cool to see a lot of familiar faces in this one.
i was glad i bought it. [Smile]

it definitely made my top 5 80's college movies...Real Genius and Revenge Of The Nerds, and Back To School, also on that list! [Wink]

i'm not a fan of the 'preppy' look, but the guys were pretty cute in pink polos. ha!

[ 18. April 2011, 08:01: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jona Lee drags the movie down! Horrible casting. There were so many competent and way more appealing actresses in this period to chose from. I don't know how they ended up with her, but im sure a casting couch was involved [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha! Awesome you two.....i'm glad you watched it Ronnie. It took me almost a year to get people on my side about Jona [Smile] hehehe

See guys in the 80s weren't afraid of pink polos and pink nail polish! [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed this movie, and it was good to see a bit of Bender in Eddie Keaton towards the start. I say that because I saw The Breakfast Club well and truly before this one.

The break dancing scene is classic and along with many other 80's movies, it is more than obvious it is a double.

I love the coach too because he is such a deviot, and definitely not the kind of guy you would want working at your institution or associating with your kids.

All in all, the movie could be a lot better but it was pretty good.

This movie actually made me realise that a story my friend told me once was actually true. He said when he was ten, him and his dad went to the states somewhere (not sure which state) and they stayed at a hotel, where he remembered witnessing these ducks coming down an elevator and then walking up a ramp and going into a fountain in the lobby. We were both severely intoxicated when he told me and I put it down to alcoholic drivel. Until I watched this movie I always thought The Peabody Ducks was a figment of his imagination.

I wish Tourista was made though. It is such a tease that it's not in existence.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a fantastic movie!

Here´s a cool Making the Grade poster:

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one.

Judd Nelson is so cool!

The movie poster should also read:

"When you're a 24 year old Rock'n Roller from the wrong side of the tracks....."

I can't talk though. I am 29 and still going to university.

[ 29. April 2011, 02:29: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is that tom hanks on the poster as well?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
No. It's Dana Olsen. He wrote the movie 'The Burbs' with Tom Hanks in it, and played a small role as a cop in it too. He played the real Palmer Woodrow in this movie.

I also just read that Dana was the blind man at the health club in a Seinfeld episode. It surely does not look like him though and seems much too old.

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no thats rance howard, ron howards dad
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
unless there were two blind guys, which is possible new york is a big town
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's just something I read on wikipedia, but like I said it does not look like Dana Olsen as the guy in Seinfeld looks much too old.

Wikipedia is not a very credible source either I guess.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home