iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Samurai/ninja movie title help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's Samurai/ninja movie title help!!!
deendee
Rewind Curious
Member # 8838

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for deendee   Email deendee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im looking for a movie but dont know the name of it. Maybe somebody here will remember these scenes from it.... Its either a samurai or ninja movie.....In one scene the martialartists daughter is holding a bow ****ed back w/arrow ready to launch it at her father in some ritual or right to passage... In the other scene the father and daughter are boarding a plane or train and the father has a sword w/him. The flight attendant or train conductor asks the father to hand over the sword, instead of giving it to them he unsheathes it than breaks the sword in two, then hands his sword over. Thats all I can remember. If I posted this question in the wrong forum...sorry. If anybody might now the name of the movie Im talking about I would love to know the title! Thanks!

-Dee-

Posts: 3 | From: Los Angeles Ca | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe JAY LEE knows this one.

Was the cast all american?

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deendee
Rewind Curious
Member # 8838

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for deendee   Email deendee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the father was supposed to be japanese aswell as the daughter. Maybe about 90% of the cast was american.I really dont remember much about the cast.

[ 21. April 2010, 05:15: Message edited by: deendee ]

Posts: 3 | From: Los Angeles Ca | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's sounds like The Hunted (1995) with Christopher Lambert I'm pretty sure thats it.
A pretty good Samurai v.s. Ninja flick

Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a cool flick, never seen it.
Ordered the dvd right away [Cool] , thanks kingcain!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea I would say it is kind of like Witness with Harrison Ford but with swords, Samuri, and Ninja's. It's movie I haven't seen in a while NOW I have to order it lol.
Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deendee
Rewind Curious
Member # 8838

Rate Member
Thats it!!!!! Thanks Kingcain!!!!!!!
Im gonna have to find it on dvd too!!
Thanks again brother!!!!!!

oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by aTomiK:
Looks like a cool flick, never seen it.
Ordered the dvd right away [Cool] , thanks kingcain!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">our

This is a great film, ive got it on vhs not on dvd and it really is worth having in your ninja/martial arts collection. It was made in 95 and there were talks or remaking it with john woo a few yrs ago but never happened. Last sam with tom cruise would have overshadowed it maybe

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home